• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

drill start

jordanp

A petrol engine in a 1/5th scale should start within 3-5 pulls. If it doesn't you have an issue somewhere.

I don't see the point in drill starts, IMO they're a waste of money + you have to carry a drill around.

• Like 2

I don't see the point, adding unnecessary mass for no performance gain whatsoever.

What effort you are saving on a few pulls of the starter you'll be pouring back into keeping the drill charged. What happens on the day you forget to bring the drill or the battery is flat? The remote starter sounds even worse.

If that enhances your experience, then good luck to you. To me it sounds like a lot of hassle to solve a problem that isn't there, not to mention probably making it more likely you will flood your engine.

Edited by Rossyra
  • Like 1

I wouldn't bother tbh, metal pawled pullstarts can be had for 10-12 quid and is a 2 minute replacement.

Don't see the point in them, carrying a 5th scale around is bulky enough without carrying a drill to start it.

• Like 1

my dad knows his stuff when it comes to straitening things, he also knows how to reinforce things as well :yes:  :thumbsup::naughty:

now i need to get me a nice thick plate of reinforced aluminium :) gonna make me a back brace becuase the existing one looks slightly bent :er:

we can get it quite cheaply aswell :sweatdrop::030: