• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Nitro Engine Factory Needle Settings List

a-x-l-e

Thanks grovehead, list updated again, regarding the Leo, it was your thread that prompted me to suggest this, would you say the settings you got your engine working with are accurate enough for a starting point? I'll stick them in as an unconfirmed for now.

Edited by a-x-l-e

• 3 weeks later...

hi there, ive been given a rc by my mate to sort out coz he hasnt got a clue about them! i have a traxxas revo but this one is a tamiya tnx 3.0?? dont no much atall about them and seems like a stupid start system! anyway, im wondering were i can get the factory settings for it from, its turning over fine! etc!

Ignore any of the settings i put up for the LRP Z 18 S PRO engine they are completly wrong by a massive amount so i appologise if anyone has used them factory settings and i am emailing the seller of that engine to notify them that they are the wrong factory settings , i will also post up the settings for it as soon as i cet the real factory settings

sorry and thankyou

jay

Edited by mixmasterjay

hi there, ive been given a rc by my mate to sort out coz he hasnt got a clue about them! i have a traxxas revo but this one is a tamiya tnx 3.0?? dont no much atall about them and seems like a stupid start system! anyway, im wondering were i can get the factory settings for it from, its turning over fine! etc!

Not got a clue, might be worth checking tamiyaclub.com, someone on there will likely know.

Ignore any of the settings i put up for the LRP Z 18 S PRO engine they are completly wrong by a massive amount so i appologise if anyone has used them factory settings and i am emailing the seller of that engine to notify them that they are the wrong factory settings , i will also post up the settings for it as soon as i cet the real factory settings

sorry and thankyou

jay

:lol: Just came to update the list, no problem, be sure to post them up when you find them out, i'll edit the list then.

picco 21 factory needle settings

p24550.jpg

Master Needle Valve - main control for fuel mixture. Set at 2 to 2 1/2 turns from closed. Adjust this needle for maximum

RPM and power without being too lean or too hot. Make sure you start at bottom of needle seat!!

Barrel Needle (Low Speed) - 7mm Carburetor, factory setting is " Turn needle in until is stops, do not over tighten. Now,

turn out counter clockwise 10.5 to 11.5 turns. This needle is in the center of the carburetor barrel and provides throttle

response. It is not the idle adjustment. Turning screw "IN" is Lean and "Out" is Rich. Do not adjust this needle until the

Master Needle is set for power and best performance. This needle will only effect throttle response, so adjust needle until

throttle response is clean with little or no delay. Once set, do not continue to turn (lean) needle further. This is important

since continuing to turn needle will only increase engine temp, at lower RPM, which will throw off engine overall tuning.

Barrel Stop Screws - Used for adjusting Idle. Set for 1/16th inch gap to start new engines. You can open more for faster

idle.

Thanks grovehead, list updated again, regarding the Leo, it was your thread that prompted me to suggest this, would you say the settings you got your engine working with are accurate enough for a starting point? I'll stick them in as an unconfirmed for now.

yea was an ok starting point for the leo 15

im also wanting the factory settings for a cen nx 12 ive got it running at lsn 2.5 hsn 3 but still not 100% if u can help id be very greatful

Has anyone any idea on settings for Force .15 engine?

have tried factory settings of

Master needle (hsn) Starting 2.5 turns

break in 2.5 to 3.5 turns

working 1.5 to 2.5 turns

and low end needle (lsn) flush

I can tune for high revs but cannot get smooth idle or acceleration,Engine and carb are not worn and there are no air leaks on engine/carb, does anyone have a turns out setting for the low end needle (lsn) as gap looks too big from manual comparison and I dont want to run it too lean!!

Please Help!

• 3 weeks later...

mainpicek.jpg

Ofna/Hyper .21 engine

Set the master needle IN until stops, then turn OUT 4.5 to 5 turns.

Setting for the black low end needle is OUT 3.5 turns out from flush.

Setting brass head mid range needle, should always be flush to the case.

316axwcrvilsl500aa280.jpg

Nosram .28 Evo Monster

Mid range 3.75 turns OUT from closed

Main 3.75 turns OUT from closed

Idle should be open 0.5-1.0mm.

dynp5232450.jpg

Dynamite Platinum .28 (Mach)

High-Speed Needle: 3.5 turns out (counterclockwise) from closed.

Low-Speed Needle: 2 turns out (counterclockwise) from closed.

Idle 1mm gap

The factory settings of the engine are as following and are a good starting point for you. Turn

in the needles completely (Caution: do not overtighten them!) and loosen them the required

number of turns again:

Idle screw (No.1):

Adjusts the air flow when carburetor is closed. e0.5-1.0mm Mid range needle (No.2):

• Mid range: 1,5 turns

• Main: 4 turns

Adjusts the mid/low-speed fl ow rate of the fuel. Turn CW for leaner and CCW for richer

setting.

Main speed needle (No.3):

Adjusts the main fl ow rate of the fuel (when the throttle is opened

signifi cantly). Turn CW for leaner and CCW for richer setting.

prv_prd_390x346_94130.jpg

its also exactly the same factory settings for the LRP.Z 18 S PRO too

prv_prd_390x310_31801.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Sirio .12/15/18 (General Carburettor Settings)

High Speed - 2.5 turns

Low Speed - 2-1/2 (Generally this should be flush with the end of the slide)

Mid Range - Flush then one turn out.

If you buy the Sirio pipe the settings will be different.

Mid Range: Fixed ( mine is the same as above )

High End Needle: 7-1/4 to 7-1/2

Low End Needle:1-1/2

Gav

Edited by Sphinx

Hi

a friend of mine as just got this second hand nitro truck its called a Wind Hobby its got a .18 engine in ,

what i was wondering if anyone had any basic jet settings i can make a tune from

thanks

Paul

• 2 weeks later...