• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

HPI Trophy Truggy and Buggy Owners Club!

henzy190

Can anyone tell me were I can get a set of reasonably priced truggy wheels don't want to spend a fortune cheers

I have a set of stock wheels and tyres .. Tire has plenty of tread and wheels are black not the crappy chrome just black .. PM if interested . 

Other than that modelsport had some cheapo ones or try eBay 

• 4 weeks later...

Got my new Answer mods

4624e76f59caf89812911d23f6083dd4.jpg

Most of which are bling! lol

But thing worth it, these include servo horns, fuel filter, alarming big but suppose you won't be ring out of fuel, plus brake springs which are good for me as I have the heavier brake pads.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most parts fit both the nitro and the flux. Their differences are on the steering, chassis, side guards and the servo, motor area everything else is pretty much identical. 

The front uprights for both are different. The Truggy ones have an upright part on the top for the tie rods and the buggy ones are flat so aren't interchangeable between the 2. However the suspension blocks/holders, steering arms, bellcrank set all fit on both.

Edited by dazp1976

I've got a trophy 4.6 truggy and im pretty new to nitro rc cars, I've got 2 electric cars but got fed up with the batteries small play time, so i brought the truggy, but I've got a few questions, my breaks seems really slow at stopping im not 100% sure how to adjust it, the manual isn't that helpful with these questions and i still cant get it to idle without the wheels moving, theres quite a bit of smoke i think especially when i rev it and seems like a lot of gas is coming out of the exhaust, my engine is not yet tunned, as i was trying to tune it yesterday but had to cut it short as my air filter fell off, then sent the rest of the day cleaning it :D also how can i raise my suspension is it with the black clips you get in packaging? Please help me im very new to this and i don't know anyone yet in this hobby near me.

Tried to upload pictures but their size is too big lol.

2015-11-01 11.29.23.jpg

Edited by SlayerLayer

Are there the clips used to make the suspension higher ? If so do i just clip them in underneath the spring? If thats not the way some tell me how please as i think the ride height is too low.

2015-11-01 11.30.11.jpg

Yes use the black clips. Push the spring and it's plastic top retainer part down to expose the silver shock body then put the clips on the body between the spring/retainer and the orange cap. A good place to start is use 1 of the biggest on each shock and an extra half size on each of the rears as well.

For the brakes the rods have a threaded end at the servo horn end and you just turn the rod and it will tighten or loosen the brakes as you turn it. The small stopper blocks at the other end of the rod have a small grub screw in so these can also be moved. You could also get a stronger servo for more brake strength.

As for nitro engines I'm??? Best thing to do is read the manual thoroughly and use proper break in procedures and if all else fails put it back to all factory needle settings and start again with very small adjustments one at a time.

More detailed manual for the Nitro star F4.6 v2 engine:

https://www.hpiracing.com/assets/documents/instruction_manuals/111598-f46_v2-glb-m-v1.pdf

I know what you mean about the electric versions. I've seen people say they get 30 mins run time from a 5000mah! yeah on tarmac. Stick it on grass and you get 7 mins!!!!

Thank you very much for your help dazp :-)

I will do the suspension and breaks tomorrow once i finish work and hopefully take it out after to tune the engine. On the manual it says on the transmitter to use the little like flat screw driver next to the batteries on the transmitter, to set the end adjustments for steering and the throttle is that important to do or not as I've not yet done it ? And also i was thinking of investing in front and rear metal bumpers are they available and is that a good ideas? 

Also should i use a fuel filter? And if so what one I've looked a lot of people say the big daddy is good or im i wrong? 

Yeah i gave up with battery rc cars lol my boy now has them both to play with :D

Edited by SlayerLayer

Hi all - first post on here.

I'm upgrading from my rather old Savage 25 to a Trophy Truggy 4.6 but have some questions around upgrades.

I've trawled this thread for hours looking for the answer, but, do all the Savage X 4.6 clutch bells/spur gears, clutch shoes etc fit the TT? I'm fairly sure they do but just want to confirm as HPI don't list a lot of the parts as compatible?

On my list to upgrade I have:

Savox SW0231MG servo

Stone Fuel Filter

Failsafe Unit

Savage X Alu 3 piece clutch - 87196

HPI Flywheel - 86271

Savage X 17T cluctch bell - 77107

That will be it for now - just hoping they're all compatible!

Thanks in advance

Hi all - first post on here.

I'm upgrading from my rather old Savage 25 to a Trophy Truggy 4.6 but have some questions around upgrades.

I've trawled this thread for hours looking for the answer, but, do all the Savage X 4.6 clutch bells/spur gears, clutch shoes etc fit the TT? I'm fairly sure they do but just want to confirm as HPI don't list a lot of the parts as compatible?

On my list to upgrade I have:

Savox SW0231MG servo

Stone Fuel Filter

Failsafe Unit

Savage X Alu 3 piece clutch - 87196

HPI Flywheel - 86271

Savage X 17T cluctch bell - 77107

That will be it for now - just hoping they're all compatible!

Thanks in advance

As long as you use a complete clutch setup from a savage everything will fit. So yes the parts you listed will fit

Thank you very much for your help dazp :-)

I will do the suspension and breaks tomorrow once i finish work and hopefully take it out after to tune the engine. On the manual it says on the transmitter to use the little like flat screw driver next to the batteries on the transmitter, to set the end adjustments for steering and the throttle is that important to do or not as I've not yet done it ? And also i was thinking of investing in front and rear metal bumpers are they available and is that a good ideas? 

Also should i use a fuel filter? And if so what one I've looked a lot of people say the big daddy is good or im i wrong? 

Yeah i gave up with battery rc cars lol my boy now has them both to play with www.msuk-forum.co.uk/uploads/emoticons/biggrin.png">

Yes the end adjustments are important as it will cause extra strain on the servo. I see you posted above that the it will move at idle. This can be cause by either to high of an idle or your servo isn't centered and keeping the carburetor to think your giving it throttle. Pull the air filter off and set the carb gap to 1mm with the brake applied. Then release the brake and see if the carburetor moves. If it does the servo needs to be adjusted. Hope this helps

I've raised the suspension but i don't think the steering servo can handle it now very slow turning (still haven't done end adjustments hope that will fix it) the breaks still aren't as i want them but slightly better got really annoyed as they would either be too tight and drag the car a bit or too losse.

Adjust the servo so i only had 1mm gap in idle and with the break like you said going to take it out for a spin tomorrow after work to see how it is. 

Also do i need a fuel filter? If so any recommendations? 

I've raised the suspension but i don't think the steering servo can handle it now very slow turning (still haven't done end adjustments hope that will fix it) the breaks still aren't as i want them but slightly better got really annoyed as they would either be too tight and drag the car a bit or too losse.

Adjust the servo so i only had 1mm gap in idle and with the break like you said going to take it out for a spin tomorrow after work to see how it is. 

Also do i need a fuel filter? If so any recommendations? 

Are you using a hump pack or AA batteries? Hump pack will Deff make a difference on how the servos perform but to be honest the stock servos aren't that great. I lasted about a week before I ended up changing them. A lot of people use the steering servo for the for the throttle/brake and buy a new servo for the steering. I upgraded both and it makes a tremendous difference. I do have a fuel filter on mine but if u don't maintain it and let it sit for a while the fuel can gum up and clog it.

I use AA batteries for now as I've only had the car around a week or so plus i hate having to charge things lol but bassiclly ill get more power from a rechargeable hump pack i guess. With the fuel filter you should remove all the fuel anyway from tank and pipes i guess the same applies to the fuel filter. But i think i will definitely have to do something about the steering as it hardly moves atm if i did have to upgrade them should i go for a torque servo or a speed servo? 

Are you using a hump pack or AA batteries? Hump pack will Deff make a difference on how the servos perform but to be honest the stock servos aren't that great. I lasted about a week before I ended up changing them. A lot of people use the steering servo for the for the throttle/brake and buy a new servo for the steering. I upgraded both and it makes a tremendous difference. I do have a fuel filter on mine but if u don't maintain it and let it sit for a while the fuel can gum up and clog it.

I use the Power HD LF20 which works for me. (20kg for the flux)

Savox 1256 is similar specs but a little faster.

Shop around and read reviews on the various servos out there. I would say anything above 12kg on the nitro truggy and 20kg on the flux (extra weight of battery).

Then move your existing steering servo to the throttle and brakes.

Edited by dazp1976

Say if i get a 7.2v servo do i then need a 7.2v battery back, do i have to have a higher battery than the servos, surely the battery can't have less volts than whats needed can it? 

Can i get battery packs that voltage to fit the receiver and also do i have to get NiMH battery packs or can i use lipo in this car? 

Tacking the car out for a spin in half hour lets see how bad the steering is lol :D 

If I were going to use a high voltage servo then I would prefer to look into a Life battery pack rather than a lipo as they supposedly can last a lot more cycles than lipo.

I have a couple of new reciever boxes here. I can measure the space and tell you max size battery that will fit if you want.

Yes please dazp, so what would be the maximum size i could fit into the stock receiver atm is it 6v max i guess?

I just through if i was going to upgrade i might as well go for the best i could afford, and why do some people say use the current steering servo as a throttle one is that more powerful than the normal throttle servo?

Edited by SlayerLayer

Hey guys how are we all this evening? I've not posted anything in this section for a while as the buggy flux has been going well with no real mishaps recently...apart from bendingba shock shaft after crashing into my garden gate :-[ 

My brother lives in France and has just bought himself a trophy buggy 3.5, been fiddling with it after break in was complete and has got a little lost with the carb settings,  off the top of my head I'm sure the factory settings are about 'flush' same ss my savage, can anyone confirm this for me please, or can tell me how many turns out from fully in they should be? Muchas gracias

Welcome to the group/forum slayer layer and ash, a lot of pages to read in the trophy section but it makes for a good read....

Edited by stevo2551

Hey guys how are we all this evening? I've not posted anything in this section for a while as the buggy flux has been going well with no real mishaps recently...apart from bendingba shock shaft after crashing into my garden gate :-[ 

My brother lives in France and has just bought himself a trophy buggy 3.5, been fiddling with it after break in was complete and has got a little lost with the carb settings,  off the top of my head I'm sure the factory settings are about 'flush' same ss my savage, can anyone confirm this for me please, or can tell me how many turns out from fully in they should be? Muchas gracias

Welcome to the group/forum slayer layer and ash, a lot of pages to read in the trophy section but it makes for a good read....

Detailed manual for the 3.5 v2 engine:

http://www.hpiracing.com/assets/documents/instruction_manuals/111603-f35_v2-glb-m-v1.pdf

Has factory settings in there.

Good to be here stevo I've read about 20 30 pages but i will be honest i don't think im going to read it all, didn't even get a go on my car now lol first i got a flat tyre on my real car going to pick my missus up from work then whent out and broke the already half broken pull start so no go as of yet in a few days sad sad times

:crying::crying:

now fixed the old pull start was going to fit a new one on just in case and leave the old one as a backup and im all out of thread lock so debating weather its worth putting on now or leave it for tomorrow. 

Not a good day so far but oh well could be worse :D

Edited by SlayerLayer
misspelled