• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Post your Plane/Heli pictures!

SP_A0345.jpg

SP_A0344.jpg

MY ParkZone Sukhoi SU-26M V1

full 4ch aerobatic foam micro,

1oz AUW

160x70 prop but can go to a 5x4 smaller prop with a p-51 motor will give almost none stop vertical

cell info: parkzone 110mah 3.7v li-po

added two ripmax JP 130mah 25c 3.7v li-po's, it has been said these are hyperion 130mah cells through a differnet source and testing of the two showed there is very little differnce at all. it is also possibe to fit hyperion 240 mah cell packs.

not flown it yet, reviews have been saying it is a pocket rocket and can be a handful to fly.

this is 100% not a learners machine to show scale the paving slab is a 1ft x 1.5ft block this thing is small and feels like a butterfly in the hand.

they come as a Bind and fly unit. i bound this one to a Blade MSR micro heli handset. this handset has a added feature with hi/low servo throw settings.

Edited by Tamiyacowboy

hey guys,

I don't really know much about helicopters but I am going to go to my hobbie shop tomorrow to buy a small one to start off with and learn the basics before I move on. I will post pictures as soon as I get hold of it so I can post them before I break it. But I cant wait to fly an r/c helicopter for the first time. hope fully I can continue this hobbie unlike my r/c cars which I sold because they got too expensive.

MY ParkZone Sukhoi SU-26M V1

full 4ch aerobatic foam micro,

1oz AUW

160x70 prop but can go to a 5x4 smaller prop with a p-51 motor will give almost none stop vertical

cell info: parkzone 110mah 3.7v li-po

added two ripmax JP 130mah 25c 3.7v li-po's, it has been said these are hyperion 130mah cells through a differnet source and testing of the two showed there is very little differnce at all. it is also possibe to fit hyperion 240 mah cell packs.

not flown it yet, reviews have been saying it is a pocket rocket and can be a handful to fly.

this is 100% not a learners machine to show scale the paving slab is a 1ft x 1.5ft block this thing is small and feels like a butterfly in the hand.

they come as a Bind and fly unit. i bound this one to a Blade MSR micro heli handset. this handset has a added feature with hi/low servo throw settings.

I go flying with a few mates about 7 of us usually. 3 guys fly the micro mustang and one has the same as yours, the guy flying the sukhio has his low rates set at around 35% as its incredibly twitchy, where as the guys on the mustangs can fly on 60% plus, one of them flys on 100% but you can tell as his flying can be very erratic.

The great thing about these is get a few up at a time and no one can stop laughing, we have low flying challenges which usually end in grass cutting and bumpy landings along with scale flying trying to keep them as tight as possible, they just seem to take a beating, the ripmax batteries give a huge boost in power in a climb and one fella flys a 220 battery which gives long run times

Edited by creamsodauk

with every one posting pictures of there planes thought it was time i posted a picture of my little sky rocket it/s a ms mini swift running a 2300kv motor turning a 5x5 prop running on a 2cell lipo with a top speed 54mph in a steep dive iv also tryed on a 3cell battery with a top speed 78mph this is flying straight and level both speed were clocked by a decent speed gun DSC00450.jpg">

I go flying with a few mates about 7 of us usually. 3 guys fly the micro mustang and one has the same as yours, the guy flying the sukhio has his low rates set at around 35% as its incredibly twitchy, where as the guys on the mustangs can fly on 60% plus, one of them flys on 100% but you can tell as his flying can be very erratic.

The great thing about these is get a few up at a time and no one can stop laughing, we have low flying challenges which usually end in grass cutting and bumpy landings along with scale flying trying to keep them as tight as possible, they just seem to take a beating, the ripmax batteries give a huge boost in power in a climb and one fella flys a 220 battery which gives long run times

aye the P-51 mustang prop is nearly the same as a GWS 5x4. if you add a hyperion 240mah pack you will realy see the difference.

the SU-26 is a pain in the rear, the V1 is very nose heavy and requires added weight to the rear tail to have a decent CG. also a 5x4 or even 5x3 prop works well, it is also possible to fit a 5x4 three blade prop to the su-26.

my rates/throws are set to max via the MSR handset. the P-51 mustang motor is a good replacement for the SU-26 stock motor.

On another note Infrared planes dont work very well. the X-twin bipe mod worked with the heli guts i used, but it is out of range around 10ft and i look very stupid running round with arms in air pointing at the plane, and look even more stupid with a long pole trying to smash plane out of tree limbs lol

im getting quite good with my trainer is this a good second plane

may want to check back tomorrow sunday and have a look at my new bird i have purchased, a taylorcraft Piper J3 Cub (parkzone bind and fly spectrum dsm2)

depending on what your mean by second plane, if you mean a step up from a two chanel. i would 100% say buy a parkzone UM J3 Cub or even a hobbyzone supercub both are awesome 3 chanel learner planes, another choice but slower and less wind handling would be a e-flight Ember2 all are three chanel and all can do mild aerobatics. the cub/supercub good for outside on summer days and eveings.

now i seen your flying a mentor trainer high wing i could say a trogan these are low wing trainers

Edited by Tamiyacowboy

SP_A0368.jpg

my second micro aircraft

i love these scale models this is the Taylorcraft Piper J3 CUB

three chanel spectrum 2.4ghz

100/60 prop on 3.7v 1s 25c lipos

maiden flight tomorrow i have 2x 130mah 25c lipo a 120mah 15c lipo and a 110mah 15c lipo to burn. flight time with said batterys well over an hour. now all i need is a keyring vidcam and some oversized tyres to give it the bushflyer type look

Edited by Tamiyacowboy

heres my other plane im building it from a plan designed by d-ridgway it mesures just 16 inches from wing tip to wing tip and hers my ms mini swift with my night lights fitted it looks like a ufo buzzing round the sky at 12oclock at midnightDSC00453.jpg">DSC00452.jpg">