• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Nitro Engine Factory Needle Settings List

a-x-l-e

Had a response from Neil @ kyosho europe about the Kyosho KE21SP engine to add to the list

HSN  - 3 Turns out from closed

Bottom needle - 0.5mm proud of flush

s-l640.jpg

Edited by Bushmonkey

Im trying to get a Hyper 21 3 port engine to idle/tune but it has been a absolute nightmare, I brought the the engine body off ebay back in 2014 built the engine up with all the required parts, then realised it would've been cheaper to buy a new one ready built!!. This got totally p***** with it as I couldn't start it up and when I did get it started it would rev its nuts off so left it for 5 years until now, whilst in this lockdown got it going. But even so im finding it very hard to idle, keeps going from one extreme to another. Also I'm a bit confused on the needle settings. Read online the Hyper 21 carb setting is 3.5 turns from closed but this is no way near, I can hardly get the engine to start. Then on this forum I came across settings which stated 3.5 turns out when lsn is flush to body. Now the engine starts but could be random from the idle going way too fast from slight adjusts on the lsn and it refuses to idle!! Done my head in good n proper, open to suggestions or guidance please......

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Hi, I'm hoping someone can help me. 

I have a CEN nx 18 3.0,

I tried running it today after a long time in storage, but when I turn it over, the engine just wants to take off. I have the manual for the car, but it doesn't mention needle settings. (Useless thing) 

I've adjusted the hsn 3 full turns out from all the way in, the lsn is flush. But the idle screw doesn't seem to be affecting the opening and closing of the carb? Which is baffling me. It's a rotary carb for anyone who doesn't know the engine. 

Also, when I press the brakes or full accelerator, the carb itself actually turns towards the servo.

I can't even get the car to idle to attempt to adjust needle settings. 

I'd be really grateful if anyone could help? 

Thanks, Dan :)

• 1 month later...
On 23/05/2020 at 20:11, Dan C said:

Hi, I'm hoping someone can help me. 

I have a CEN nx 18 3.0,

I tried running it today after a long time in storage, but when I turn it over, the engine just wants to take off. I have the manual for the car, but it doesn't mention needle settings. (Useless thing) 

I've adjusted the hsn 3 full turns out from all the way in, the lsn is flush. But the idle screw doesn't seem to be affecting the opening and closing of the carb? Which is baffling me. It's a rotary carb for anyone who doesn't know the engine. 

Also, when I press the brakes or full accelerator, the carb itself actually turns towards the servo.

I can't even get the car to idle to attempt to adjust needle settings. 

I'd be really grateful if anyone could help? 

Thanks, Dan :)

I personally would try both needles flush to begin. If it still wants to go then turn LSN out 1/32 and try again until it will idle.   Make sure the trim isnt maxed out too.   And make sure there is a vacuum in the tank, if the tank in damaged it could give lean symptoms 

• 1 year later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Hi packed away my kyosho mp9 tki3 with a rb bx engine in some 10 years ago  After a knightmare sumner series . Have decided to start racing again . Ive checked the internals of the rb and remembered i did use after run oil 

Reason for this post is to ask if anybody has the factory resets for the carb 

Its a RB BX 

Thanks in advance 

• 6 months later...
  • 3 months later...