• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Nitro Engine Factory Needle Settings List

a-x-l-e

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi all new to the forum.

Ive a problem with my nitro engine its a smartech 21 cxp but dont seem to want to run right like to have some sort of base setting so i can start all over again.

Many thanks

craig

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I've always found 2&1/2 turns out works to solve starting issues then tune from there. Done this on alot of engines always seemed to work for me

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi slightly of topic but can any1 tell me if a ansmann ar28 engine requires a piston ring or not bought 1 second hand in a buggy there's a groove for 1 in at top end of piston but no sign of a ring thanks

No.

These small engines do not use rings, instead the sleeve is tapered....so if you measure the bore at the bottom and the top the bore size at the top is smaller.

The pistons almost always have the grooves around the top edge to retain oil.

• 8 months later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 2 years later...

Hey guys!

I am in the need of some advise in regards to my hyper 7 with a AN-mann racing .21 engine I cant seam to get it started even with new fuel and new glow plugs! I believe I may have set it to the correct factory settings after going through the internet!  I am at a loss now and have no idea what to do other than take my frustrations out on it with a hammer!!!

PLEASE HELP!

ANY advise would be helpful thanks 

Brian.

• 4 weeks later...
On 13/05/2019 at 15:38, Brian.morgan said:

Hey guys!

I am in the need of some advise in regards to my hyper 7 with a AN-mann racing .21 engine I cant seam to get it started even with new fuel and new glow plugs! I believe I may have set it to the correct factory settings after going through the internet!  I am at a loss now and have no idea what to do other than take my frustrations out on it with a hammer!!!

PLEASE HELP!

ANY advise would be helpful thanks 

Brian.

have yu sorted it now?

2 hours ago, darrenmunkley said:

Hi can anyone help please 

Vertex vx 0.18 DEFAULT SETTINGS NEEDED 

Hsn 3 1/2 turns out Lsn flush with the coller. Idle 1mm opening in carb.

• 9 months later...

Hi does anyone know the factory settings for a force 18 engine. My 14 year old son was given a second hand one. I’ve had it running but it just revs to hard. The idle is at recommended setting 1mm. The high end is set to about 2 1/2 turns out from in but by blowing down the fuel feed it’s probably more 4 turns out. Now the lower end is about 3 turns out from been flush.

Any help would be appreciated.

many thanks

kev

• 1 month later...
On 12/03/2020 at 19:39, Kev7781 said:

Hi does anyone know the factory settings for a force 18 engine. My 14 year old son was given a second hand one. I’ve had it running but it just revs to hard. The idle is at recommended setting 1mm. The high end is set to about 2 1/2 turns out from in but by blowing down the fuel feed it’s probably more 4 turns out. Now the lower end is about 3 turns out from been flush.

Any help would be appreciated.

many thanks

kev

If it revs too hard I would  check your trims and end points first before anything else

Then if you don't wanna reset the carb I'd open the LSN a 1/32 and try again

I'm not sure of the factory settings but I've always started at flush

Edited by rob foster

On 05/05/2020 at 15:22, nareshpatel101 said:

Can someone please confirm when mentioned 1 turn on the needle setting does that mean 360 or 180 deg

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

1 turn would be 360 degree rotation, 1 hour is 1/12 of a turn

Also why I'm here, does anyone know where I can find factory needle setting for Kyosho engines?? Specifically the KE21SP in the inferno neo 3.0 RTR

I've check around the forum, google and my manual. Nothing 😕