• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Nitro Engine Factory Needle Settings List

a-x-l-e

If I missed it off the list I appologise but I really need to know the factory settings for a Go 21 out of the HBX VRX -2 pro buggy?

Cheers.

Edited by Peebee

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi. I have a standard engine on a 2nd hand GV Rex-X, which is failing to start. It has been over a year since it was run, I have fuel for it, wheels on order, steering repair parts on order bla bla bla...

the tuning looks to be a bit screwed up, (pun not intended...) can someone tell me in laymans terms the best tuning for it? I will attach a couple of pictures so you know what I've got, as the engine doesnt seem to have any markings on it other than 3.5 scribed on both sides.

Windows live skydrive pictures

• 3 weeks later...

For the LRP Z.18S Pro, You give a value in mm for the idle - is that mm in from flush, out from flush or out from fully closed. Do you know how many turns from flush that would be? That would make it easier lol. Also, would you be able to show me where the idle needle and LSN are? I can see the HSN and another screw below the air filter, but I'm not sure if that's the idle needle or the LSN and I can't see the other needle.

The factory settings of the engine are as following and are a good starting point for you. Turn

in the needles completely (Caution: do not overtighten them!) and loosen them the required

number of turns again:

Idle screw (No.1):

Adjusts the air flow when carburetor is closed. e0.5-1.0mm Mid range needle (No.2):

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

hi guys new to this site was wondering if the settings on a hyper 21 engine is the same as on the 21 8 port turbo also could anyone explain as to why my engine runs high idle for approx 5 seconds after full throttle then back to normal idle

regards

rick

high idle is normal you get instant acceleration from the high idle but not from normal idle say you on a trac kand brake into a corner you want instant power out of the corner so its normal ive red this up so kno its right .21 settings are 4.5 to 5 full turns out from closed on hsn and 3.5 turns out from flush on lsn mid needle should be kept flush

hi guys new to this site was wondering if the settings on a hyper 21 engine is the same as on the 21 8 port turbo also could anyone explain as to why my engine runs high idle for approx 5 seconds after full throttle then back to normal idle

regards

rick

high idle is normal you get instant acceleration from the high idle but not from normal idle say you on a trac kand brake into a corner you want instant power out of the corner so its normal ive red this up so kno its right .21 settings are 4.5 to 5 full turns out from closed on hsn and 3.5 turns out from flush on lsn mid needle should be kept flush

• Like 1

thank you for your reply so when it idles high after accelerating and goes to normal idle after this is just how the 8 port turbo is yes as my mates 21 turbo engines and my mates 28 mach doesnt sorry for all the questions but dont want to cook my engine just yet!

do the rev test once engine is up to temperature rev the engine then let it go down to idle on its own on the high idle it should not be moving the wheels high idle should last about 10seconds so im told then drop to normal

hope this help

im just going off what ive read up on and this is how both my engines are running with no problems

your high idle theory worked and all good once i had this 8 port tuned to what i think seemed ok not being expert and all it absalutly batteres my mates and he got mach 28 with tuned pipe im only running a 2 piece clutch at present and 16% nitro his does nail mine for first 20 mtrs or so on acceleration its quick but am happy with the 8 port could any body let me know what fuel i should run i just thought 16% would prolong the life of engine is this the case tho!

thank you!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

hi every one i just got the ansmann virus 2kit for xmas built it and bought a hong nor force 28 to go on it only cant get it goin if i do when i touch the throttle it just dies on me.i was just wonderin if any one new the factory settings as i have played around with all the screws not really knowin wat they were. i now know that the top one is the hsn and i am lead to belive the one under that is the idle screw so presume the other one on the other side is the lsn any help will be greatly appreciated

Deleted Sussed it :) found the break in guide hidden in the box Doh :030:

sh21 - Sh28 hsn is 3 turns out from closed..

got the sh21-sh28 break in guide with my x1xcr and its got a sh25 engine.

could send it to you if you want mate.

Edited by funkymonki

• 1 month later...

Hi ive looked all through this now HPI 25 settings please the hpi website settings cant be right as the LSP needle is to far in and not letting enough fuel though its more like 3 out from flush not 3 out from closed and also thats about what it was at when i got it as i got it off ebay in a Hot Bodies Lightning Stadium Pro truggy Help any please its running ok how i got it but just feel it could be better and the setting are not what is on the website. Hyper7Dave