• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Thetford Forest Bash - Cambridgeshire/Norfolk

willb

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Id be interested in a bash somewhere just started up recently and still on my own bashing in fields near me, i live in Lowestoft but i don't mind driving a bit for some awesome bashing spots if anyone knows of any near me.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...

Started going back to Thetford again. It's still a good spot even with the motocross track dug in places. Ideal for crawling or bigger vehicles.

Putting this up if anyone ever fancies coming out of retirement!

Edited by Euphoria

• 1 year later...

Hi there

is anyone still meeting up in this area?

just bought a Arrma Kraton 6s which I’ll be picking up Monday and naturally it’s going to be better if I can find a group to run with, and try to find as many decent places near by to have a bash

dont mind a bit of a travel either if it’s worth it

i know of a few suitable places from my bike jumping days like great Barton ice pit, ixworth chalk pit, there was a great gravelled area before the power station on the left on the road to mundford, across the gated level crossing.....that could be a great area

anyway

im just south of thetford at Honington hope to find a few more experienced drivers to bash with

Edited by MacRaguel
Added

Bashed at the place opposite the rugby club 3 times now......epic!

going to pop along with a few shovels in the coming weeks and try to define out a decent track as much of what’s there is to big in scale to have a lap route

thetford common is great for some speed runs, plenty of room, could get a track if you were respectful enough, Thetford skatepark is weak
the son is definitely getting one now and his buddy will be probably so that’s 3 of us regularly there

will be having a recce of  a few old spots from my mountain bike jumping days tomorrow 

will report back

• 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, willb said:

When do you want to go? I’ll come out for a crawling session! Same place as it always has been emoji106.png

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

On a sunny day. 😂

I guess it depends on the numbers of interests from others.

I was in Thetford earlier today for bike ride with friends and thought I'd make a visit to this site to take a look. 

I'm impressed. Does look good and can imagine all of the fun here. 

Here are some photos for others who has not been here before. 

IMG_20200830_152835.jpg

IMG_20200830_152837.jpg

IMG_20200830_152935.jpg

IMG_20200830_152947.jpg

IMG_20200830_152933.jpg

IMG_20200830_153020.jpg

IMG_20200830_153056.jpg

IMG_20200830_153058.jpg

IMG_20200830_153357.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
19 hours ago, Gtiracer said:

Where do you guys park if not at the entrance?

Assuming 2 mile bottom, some people park at the rugby place but I don't think they would be happy if they found out we're not using their service. There are a few laybys, small parking spaces & gaps along the road, but be aware it's a busy road so please be careful where you park and when walking.

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

See the first post of this threat. Hoping the pictures are still there (not checked at time of replying). I'm back and forth bashing at Thetford. Happy to have a meet up there soon :good:

Edit: No they're not. I'll update with some new pictures over the weekend. But as Tony said, Two Mile Bottom Rugby Club is where you're aiming for and you'll see somewhere to park opposite close to the level crossing.

Edited by willb