• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Hyper 7 wont start

Funkyfresh

Hi There,

I'm having a real mare with my hyper 7. I recently replaced the pull start with a roto start. All was fine for a few weeks, then i left the car for a mon h or so..

Now it wont start at all? The engine is turning over fine, but not firing? I checked the glow plug and its glowing orange, but just to be safe replaced it anyway..

I think that maybe the fuel isnt getting drawn in, as when i try to prime the engine by turning it over with the exhaust blocked, air bubbles inb the line dont move.

any thoughts anyone?

Cheers

Martin

Dont prime it via blocking the pipe and pulling the pull start, get some tube and put to to the exaust stinger then blow down it untill you see the fuel hit the carb (or push a little past), my car always fires from 1-2 pulls after that.

Also if you left the fuel in the car for a month it may have gone bad so i would empty the tank and put fresh fuel in.

you shouldn't have bubbles in the fuel line, sounds to me like there's a leak in the tank or fuel line mate, replace the fuel lines first of all to see if it makes a diff

But as others have said... I'd prime it by blowing down the pressure line

you shouldn't have bubbles in the fuel line, sounds to me like there's a leak in the tank or fuel line mate, replace the fuel lines first of all to see if it makes a diff

But as others have said... I'd prime it by blowing down the pressure line

I've got a simelar problem, I have to take off the glow plug turn the car upside down and pull the pull chord as its normally flooded and gunked up.

Then it wont start (I try to prime by blowing in) So I take off the air filter and put a bit of fuel into the carb directly... Then once its started it dyes if I take the Glow ingniter off. So I get about 5min fun ragging it round with out the shell on and a glow stick wobbling round on top!!! :helpsmilie:

Have you tried a new glow plug ?

If not try a O.S 8 i found them to be the best for my H7.

http://www.modelsport.co.uk/index.php?Call...amp;ItemID=1762

I was inclined to agree until the last O.S #8 I got. The element fell apart within 1.5 tanks of fuel ending my days bashing and resulting in a strip down when I got home. :rolleyes:

I think I was just unlucky to be fair.

McCoy MC9 plugs seem to be good as well.

I recently tried a McCoy MC9 and for some reason my engine was hard to keep in tune, i then got a new O.S 8 and i had it back in tune in no time.

@ daddyk - Why not get one of each and giver them then you will have a spare one. ;)

Edited by MaxHeadroom