• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Help! Stuck screws

Mailrhj

Hi

I'm trying to get my engine out of the hyper 9 but the screws that hold the mounts are stuck. I've been trying to get them out with an allen key but its rounding the hex bits on the head of the screw. I need these out so I can slightly adjust the engine's position.

I've tried WD-40

HELP!!!

Hi

I'm trying to get my engine out of the hyper 9 but the screws that hold the mounts are stuck. I've been trying to get them out with an allen key but its rounding the hex bits on the head of the screw. I need these out so I can slightly adjust the engine's position.

I've tried WD-40

HELP!!!

Invest in a set of these ross, last forever and strip free:

http://www.jespares.com/radio-controlled-m...120mm-4pcs.html

If the screws really are rounded, then a imperial set aswell might help.

Lee.

try filling the hole with superglue and put the hex in, keep it in place for a good while untill it hardens.

Engine screws will have threadlock, which is why its usually hard as hell to remove them, but a decent hex driver is a must.

Hi

I've tried WD-40

HELP!!!

Hey mate,

Does the hyper 9 have an engine mount plate inbetween the engine mounts & the chassis, like the hyper 7? if so, remove the whole plate & you'll be able to get a kack saw blade to the screws to cut a channel. Otherwise the dremel is a must.

Hey mate,

Does the hyper 9 have an engine mount plate inbetween the engine mounts & the chassis, like the hyper 7? if so, remove the whole plate & you'll be able to get a kack saw blade to the screws to cut a channel. Otherwise the dremel is a must.

nah mate it's just bolted straight on to the chassis

Drill the heads off the screws, then the engine should come off with the mounts still attatched...Then, you can use mould grips to get the rest out..worked for me before ;)

Drill the heads off the screws, then the engine should come off with the mounts still attatched...Then, you can use mould grips to get the rest out..worked for me before ;)

Thats a very good idea I'll try that before the dremel route I think.

Good thinking batman ;)