• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Car starting to drive me mad!

The Trooper

when i adjust idle screw the gap doesnt really change....

i am leaving it for tonight anyway. i will work on it some more tomorrow...

Edited by The Trooper

First things for you to do are number.....

1. reset all needles back to factory settings.

2. take airfilter off and look how big the gap is, it should be about 1mm....you may also want to take the throttle linkage off when doing this too.

3. once you have got ur gap sorted, put the linkage back on and make sure when you press accelerate on you tx it opens all the way.

4. pull brakes on your tx and try to move the viehcle, if it moves adjust the brakes

5. then try to start it, if no joy try blipping the tx as you pull the starter, e.g the throttle.

6 if still no joy take the glow plug off and drop one drop of fuel in there, NO MORE THAN A DROP! then it should start, but if it feels to heavy when pulling you have flooded the engine so take glow plug out and turn over and pull starter, then re-prime.

This is the procedure i follow when having problems, oh and make sure you heat it with a hairdrier for 10 - 15 mins first.

okey dokey, do u remove the throttle linkage by removing the arms linking the servo to the engine? and is it the screw thats going into the engine, i think its called the low speed needle valve.

no screws just unhook the linkage, or take it off the servo by removing the screw in the top but if you do this you will have to set it all up again

it should be but i havent seen your car, more than likely very easy to do, if any probs let me know mate, I was the same as you a year back, its tough to get into, but you will love it in the end

there wasnt any way to unhook anything... but i just moved idle screw a wee bit and i think i got it down to 1 mm, when brakes are applied there should still be gap yea?

haha balls to him lol not ur fault haha, only messing...

I do have msn and i agree it would be much easier but im in work and its blocked, but untill you have tried starting it we cannot do anything more, so post when you have tried and ill help you from there matey

will do mate, ill still try and get on for ur sake tho, im on 13.00-22.00 tomorrow, it sucks!

Edited by thecorn92