• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Rock crawler pictures.

TiM!

Yeah, I know this mog is great - it took me many days to build the body (the spotlight on the top moves left and right actually... from the transmitter, it's got powerfull, transmitter controlled lights etc..)

... but the terrain I go driving is very rocky, there are a lot rollovers - it'd be shame to damage this body. I need simplier and lighter body now... and I love Land Rovers :D

This LR3 you've got is really great! My wife was considering it for her SCX-10, but at the end - for the same reasons - she went for Lexan HPI Ford Bronco. So I'm gonna put HPI Defender on my CR-01, and sell this Mog :)

Got a new bodyshell for my TLT Rock Crawler the other day from Kamtec. As you can see it is the Rock Crawler version of the VW Scorcher bodyshell that they do on there ebay store. Always wanted to do a Martini style version on this one so it would look more like a full scale comp crawler. I think it turned out quite well.

I have had the crawler for years but due to not having any free time i dont get to run it very often. Its fantastic fun though down on the rocks near were I live. Hope i will get to use it much more this year though now that my health is better.

post-11661-1240769559_thumb.jpg

post-11661-1240769703_thumb.jpg

post-11661-1240769782_thumb.jpg

• 2 months later...
that mog is SWEET. looks great, what d90 body have you got?

heres a pic of my lr3 reversed onto a rock in the middle of a big lake :lol:

DSC00653.jpg

me is liking your shell to bits, talk about the detail on that shell so precise

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I posted a photo of my Rockstar crawler a little while back. Well,it's morphed into something quite different.I call it Son of Cobbler. Bully axles, torsion chassis,twin Integy 55t motors and a Mtronics Viper ESC. Tyres are Panther Cougars.More to do on it yet. I've now cut the body down to the minimum 3" so that the break over is just below the spine. Photo is of shell prior to cutting.

Image0036.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...