• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

What did the postie bring you today?

53HRA

My first racing repair: front drive shaft for the XB4. Did a bit of a cartwheel in heat 2 or 3 so that’s the likely cause. £25+pp… I don’t want to be bending these too often!!

CCEADFAD-710A-4910-A85E-1CEB1FBF6123.jpeg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Borked said:

My first racing repair: front drive shaft for the XB4. Did a bit of a cartwheel in heat 2 or 3 so that’s the likely cause. £25+pp… I don’t want to be bending these too often!!

If you didn't break anything else check the axle plunge into the diff cup, the arms on these kits are normally too stiff to bend a driveshaft without breaking or bending something else.

6 minutes ago, lorrylemming said:

If you didn't break anything else check the axle plunge into the diff cup, the arms on these kits are normally too stiff to bend a driveshaft without breaking or bending something else.

Cheers @lorrylemming - I'll take a look. It bent at the wheel end, probably from the wheel being over-steered during the tumble.

I've just pulled the old driveshaft off the car and realised I order the wrong effing driveshaft... I ordered a hop-up ECS version which needs a different front drive axle 🙄

Hopefully I can return it and get the correct part.

5 hours ago, Borked said:

CCEADFAD-710A-4910-A85E-1CEB1FBF6123.jpeg

Good effort bending a Hudy Spring Steel shaft!

4 minutes ago, ReggieC said:

Good effort bending a Hudy Spring Steel shaft!

I mean, I don’t “know” it was me. I drove the car at a race meet and the guy who owned it was trying to sell it to me. I noticed it was bent after one of the heats that I did a cartwheel in, and he said “it wasn’t like that before!”

For all I know it could’ve been knackered already, but I did crash it and I did buy it so I have to fix it 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Alex97 said:

A DJI mini 2, I've fancied one for a while however his popped up on Facebook at a great price so couldn't say no. 

Edit - first flight picture added from behind my house. 

20220812_133759.jpg

dji_export_1660309551296.jpg

Man England really needs rain!

• Like 2

The trees may look green but there's been some pretty serious grass and crop fires in Leicester. One of the small fields we walk the dog on has had a pretty big fire luckily someone or the farmers were on the ball to either get the fire brigade to it quickly or the farmers themselves got too it in time.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, .AJ. said:

The trees look pretty green to me, dont buy into all this climate nonsense, it’s just another stick to whip (tax) us with 

The fields in sight have just been plowed and there's a small steam between the trees. The grass is bad however all the trees are ok. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MrCake said:

Cracking package from @SWF, pleasure doing business. 

Looking forward to getting this out at the weekend.  This is definitely, maybe, probably the last RC of 2022 for me. 

20220816_124724.jpg

20220816_125141.jpg

20220816_125717.jpg

Very nice mate 👍🏻

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1