• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

What did the postie bring you today?

53HRA

15 hours ago, Kpowell911 said:

Nothing, everything Im winning on eBay lately is getting refunded? 😞

Yeah that happens more than you'd hope on eBay.

Been trying to buy non-RC car parts (silicone hoses, stainless/aluminum pipe etc) and they say they're in stock on eBay, then they say they haven't got them and refund you. Then you buy from someone else on eBay and the SAME BLOODY PERSON emails/calls you to say they're out of stock. So annoying. They shouldn't be allowed multiple ebay accounts.

15 minutes ago, Borked said:

Yeah that happens more than you'd hope on eBay.

Been trying to buy non-RC car parts (silicone hoses, stainless/aluminum pipe etc) and they say they're in stock on eBay, then they say they haven't got them and refund you. Then you buy from someone else on eBay and the SAME BLOODY PERSON emails/calls you to say they're out of stock. So annoying. They shouldn't be allowed multiple ebay accounts.

These have being used RCs. I sent an offer, they accept and I pay. 

Few days later I get refunded. First guy told me he didnt expect eBay fee’s to be so much so cancelled. 

Second one didnt say a word, then a day later I get “Sorry I cannot sell you this for unforseen circumstances”?

I dont want to leave negative feedback as I dont want them to do the same, as I have 100% since 2003. 

Wouldnt mind but its two RCs (that I admitedly shouldnt be buying as have no use for them) that I cannot buy new. A Traxxas T Maxx 3.3 (discontinued) and a Traxxas Rally Snap On Edition (that I cant buy the Snap On Version as they dont sell them)

Just now, Kpowell911 said:

Few days later I get refunded. First guy told me he didnt expect eBay fee’s to be so much so cancelled. 

Second one didnt say a word, then a day later I get “Sorry I cannot sell you this for unforseen circumstances”?

I dont want to leave negative feedback as I dont want them to do the same, as I have 100% since 2003. 

Wouldnt mind but its two RCs (that I admitedly shouldnt be buying as have no use for them) that I cannot buy new. A Traxxas T Maxx 3.3 (discontinued) and a Traxxas Rally Snap On Edition (that I cant buy the Snap On Version as they dont sell them)

Wow, that's just really annoying.

13 minutes ago, Kpowell911 said:

I've been bidding on a few and with about 5hours left the seller has removed them from eBay 

And instantly relisted them for alot more than the auction was at with a best offer option 

21 minutes ago, .AJ. said:

First hop up for the XV-02

5284-DEB0-30-C5-4334-A036-7488-D3-D0-FEF

CA5-A0284-C93-C-4192-A15-C-AC2142730-D25

I’ve also ordered a few parts for it from Asiatees that aren’t available in the UK yet 👍 

Genuine Tamiya Hop Ups make me feel all warm and fuzzy. Its a nostalgia thing I guess

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, Borked said:

Some receiver terminals and a crimp tool so I can shorten/tidy my ESC and servo cable mess 😁

2ADE1CA5-BB15-40AF-977F-ACFAD85929D7.jpeg

Borked how do they crimp - ok? Who’s the supplier? 👍

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Shergar said:

Borked how do they crimp - ok? Who’s the supplier? 👍

They crimp very nicely!

Terminals: https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07SPJBL9W

Crimp tool:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0969PRT2F

There’s definitely a knack to it. I used to crimp a lot of terminals like this when I was a teenager working in an electronics factory, but I forgot how fiddly it can be until I got the hang of it again. 

The crimp tools we used to use in the factory cost over £100, so these were a bargain for £15!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Silly question but with this style, do you crimp the wire into the terminal and then just push into into  the connector or does this crimp the block itself?  I have only ever crimped spade terminals which are hard to mess up so and these look fiddly.

• Like 1

You crimp the terminal onto the end of the wire then just push it into the housing where it latches in place. They are a little more fiddly to do well than things like a spade terminal but that’s almost entirely down to them being a lot smaller. Some of the ones I’ve used at work before are so small I’ve had to pick them up and out them in the crimp tool with a pair of tweezers. 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, MrCake said:

Silly question but with this style, do you crimp the wire into the terminal and then just push into into  the connector or does this crimp the block itself?  I have only ever crimped spade terminals which are hard to mess up so and these look fiddly.

yep, what @BigGinge said. 

They're fiddly because of the size and you’ve never got enough fingers and the fingers you do have are too big 😂😂

Also they’re tight to push into the terminal block, you need a tiny pokey thing. My smallest screwdriver was only just small enough, but was still a bit “fat” - you have to push them all the way to the bottom so you need to fit your poker and the wire in a 2mm hole. It’s easier on thinner wires. 

Also, like all these things, practice helps a lot. I used to assemble electronics in a factory and did 100s of these types of crimps a week, and could smash through them no problem. 

Ten years later I’ve lost the knack for it, but did a serviceable job of it after a couple of practice crimps

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Or I should say they “can” be tight to push in. If you get decent quality terminals and blocks and crimp tool then they’ll often just pop in, but if you’re using the cheaper stuff I’ve got then there can be a bit of resistance pushing the crimp into the block

• Like 1