• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

What did the postie bring you today?

53HRA

2 minutes ago, Stormbringer said:

Thats it huckled mate she now thinks its hers :rofl:

I still have the 4.0, if she takes interest it's hers.

The 8XE has a fixed mount, without a different mount that puts speed running out its sights and then sending it isn't really the best idea as just drive shafts on this thing is enough to buy a Hyper 7 roller lmao. 

Tbf, just a month or two ago, this was Losis current racer and selling for almost £700 a kit, so I had a good idea parts won't be cheap lol, luckily problem areas on this have been seen to. Non standard mount, aluminium carriers, carbon inserts and some other little bits. 😁

How you doing mate?

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Bert_w164 said:

I keep losing small tools, such as Allen keys, socket heads and have gone through a few sets that are scattered around...

So I bought some special people safe T handle set for £30 off Amazon, 18 piece set of imperial and metric drivers...

The 1/16 and 1.5mm long sides are a bit too flexible for my liking, but the short end is strong and allowed me to make progress on 8XE...

I know I could have bought just the drivers I need individually, but with a 330 mile move on the horizon the bigger drivers will help dismantling furniture etc. 

IMG_20220722_110928__01.thumb.jpg.0cb89b0e424a87cc28e940d76f4778d5.jpg

Doesn't look like a half bad set for the money 

The smaller ones bendyness will fell worse due to the weight of the handles 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, windz1000r said:

Doesn't look like a half bad set for the money 

The smaller ones bendyness will fell worse due to the weight of the handles 

As long as they last 2-3 rebuilds I'm happy. No reviews on this set, hence I saw it as a gamble, but I'm hoping at this point the far East is able to produce stuff at reasonable quality! 

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, .AJ. said:

I’ve not bought it yet, but I’ll probably go for the Audi Quattro 👍 

I love the classic rally cars.  I always wanted a Tamiya Toyota Celica Gr.B (58064).

• Like 2

2 hours ago, windz1000r said:

A British male otherwise known as a king dick (depends when it was made) 

Old tools are the best these make brilliant adjustable  turnbuckle spanners

And they are some of the best small adjustables out there 

PXL_20220722_181401703.jpg

Hey I've got one of these, I took my late father in law's tools and have exactly the same one. I was looking at that thinking "

2 hours ago, windz1000r said:

A British male otherwise known as a king dick (depends when it was made) 

Old tools are the best these make brilliant adjustable  turnbuckle spanners

And they are some of the best small adjustables out there 

PXL_20220722_181401703.jpg

I have one, or possibly more of these! When I saw the picture I freaked out for a moment thinking "why is my ancient tool posted online" 😂

I took my late father in law's toolbox and it has some really old goodies in it.

Edit: woah double quote. Too much effort to edit on mobile...

Edited by Bert_w164
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Bert_w164 said:

Hey I've got one of these, I took my late father in law's tools and have exactly the same one. I was looking at that thinking "

I have one, or possibly more of these! When I saw the picture I freaked out for a moment thinking "why is my ancient tool posted online" 😂

I took my late father in law's toolbox and it has some really old goodies in it.

Edit: woah double quote. Too much effort to edit on mobile...

Haha I've got a few of them now along with some other random old tools 

Alot came from my grandads dad. 

I never miss the chance of old tools 

Better steel and just better made than most of the new stuff 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, windz1000r said:

Haha I've got a few of them now along with some other random old tools 

Alot came from my grandads dad. 

I never miss the chance of old tools 

Better steel and just better made than most of the new stuff 

Speaking of the new set I got...the 1.5mm drivers head got damaged really quickly. It could barely screw into plastic...

I done an Amazon return...then it hit me, have they mixed up the marking on the drivers...and voilà, almost by magic I can now screw inserts into my a-arms...They have marked imperial as metric and vice versa ...

Edited by Bert_w164
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, supersavage said:

This 

1Bl3NpT.jpg

I was very naughty and is going to be a little while before I can actually get a battery for it lol, that is if I keep it. First impressions are it's far more impressive in person than pictures or videos show. As for the reason I'm not decided on keeping it is I've found a different hobby I want to get into though it's going to take some serious commitment so I'm still thinking about it. If I do keep it as good as the grave digger body is I'll more than likely sell it partly to fund a battery lol but mostly I'd want to personalize it to what I want.

They are very impressive MT 

What's the other hobby out of curiosity 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, windz1000r said:

They are very impressive MT 

What's the other hobby out of curiosity 

Reptiles, I don't know why but I've been fascinated by them for along time and I've absolutely melted my brain doing various research on how to keep them etc. But as they are living creatures and could live on average 10+ years it's a very big commitment so for now I'm still doing as much research as I can.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, supersavage said:

Reptiles, I don't know why but I've been fascinated by them for along time and I've absolutely melted my brain doing various research on how to keep them etc. But as they are living creatures and could live on average 10+ years it's a very big commitment so for now I'm still doing as much research as I can.

Ohhh now that is a topic I know alot about I've been keeping reps for 20years and at one point had a business supplying local shops . And had over 40 Viv's in my garage 

Welcome to drop me a pm if you want any advice 

• Like 2