• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

What did the postie bring you today?

53HRA

3 minutes ago, No brains said:

a 2 hand ruster 4x4 vxl, I bought it for 200 euro thought it could be a cheap project because I allready have a spare maxx sct esc and castle 1410 3800kv motor, sold  the esc, transmitter and servo  for 80 euro, so I tought 120 for a roller is not bad.

But the car was in a horreble state all bolts are rusted out so are the bearings and rod ends, killed a ring gear trying to get a  bearing of it that was rusted on to it , driveshafts are gone, diff cups with no seals or washer in it and a lot of broken parts and things missing.

So far it is not going to be cheap, ondered all the spare parts and was going a little nuts on upgrade parts so in the end I spend 400 euro on parts and upgrades😬.

lesson learned, not going to buy a second hand car again without seeing it in person, it is not the firts time I burned my hands on a second hand car.

I always look for rust on bolts. Also cars that say they are waterproof tend to get run in the wet as well. Got to be extremely careful buying used rc cars. 

Another good thing to do is message seller before hand ask them if where they ran it, if they have other models etc. 

3 minutes ago, Jumper said:

I always look for rust on bolts. Also cars that say they are waterproof tend to get run in the wet as well. Got to be extremely careful buying used rc cars. 

Another good thing to do is message seller before hand ask them if where they ran it, if they have other models etc. 

The worst thing about it I bought it from a hobbyshop, they say it need some work, but this it not some work this is a complete rebuild.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Just arrived 5 min ago. What a pleasure.

Yodel is doing a late night delivery shift.

TRX-4 bottom plate just below the gear box. And it is open so no muddy water can be     trapped inside again.

IMG-4784.jpg

9 minutes ago, Oh How Original said:

Not mine, but just to inspire you more.

I paid £74 with postage for those 7 smoke bombs from https://store.enolagaye.com/c/smoke-grenades/

I already ordered mine just now.

£14 for 4 at Amazon. Delivery Thursday next week right to my destination:

Gonna spend halfterm on our camp site which is small, cosy and got a totally relaxed owner.

With the weather, covid and the Halloween weekend I don't expect many other guests.

Good to go with the smoke bomb!

Just got an  idea . Combine the  Bugsta and Rustler with the smoke bomb and a pumpkin body shell on  top. Gotta figure that out ....👹

5 minutes ago, Jens said:

I already ordered mine just now.

£14 for 4 at Amazon. Delivery Thursday next week right to my destination:

Gonna spend halfterm on our camp site which is small, cosy and got a totally relaxed owner.

With the weather, covid and the Halloween weekend I don't expect many other guests.

Good to go with the smoke bomb!

Just got an  idea . Combine the  Bugsta and Rustler with the smoke bomb and a pumpkin body shell on  top. Gotta figure that out ....👹

Which ones did you get?

I'd like some cheaper ones for practicing with.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Oh How Original said:

Which ones did you get?

I'd like some cheaper ones for practicing with.

Search:  pull smoke

https://smile.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0844Q5R73/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

https://smile.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0844YDFBS/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

My son just went nuts after I showed him the pic. pyromaniac like me.

28 minutes ago, Jens said:

I'll give those a try, might work okay :D

Well, You know that bit about wanting an AIO for the new PC build, But couldn't resist that cheap Chinese air cooler with the flashing lights, Well turned out that when I went to put it on, The fan covered 2 of the Ram sticks, Now I didn't pay 110 quid for 4 sticks of RGB ram for 2 of them to be covered up by a black fan, So that went back, And back the other way came that AIO I should have got the first time around.

spacer.png

• Like 2