• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

What did the postie bring you today?

53HRA

2 hours ago, MrCake said:

Few bits, lower spring mount for Slash plus a couple of bits for the super cheap Mini-B Pro on route from the US.  Hope I haven't jumped the gun as it looks like the US travel will then hand off to Evri once it gets to the UK 🙄

Oh and a sand ladder thing for the TRX4.   The standard practice of adding weight low down to make it climb better and then putting it back on the top with stick on tat 😆

20220426_160126.jpg

Yep your not only 1 that does that mate :rofl:

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Kpowell911 said:

cah3NBT.jpg

Bits for the E Revo 2.0 and a brand new rear diff/bulkhead for the Mini Revo. I want to sell my Revo 1/16th and the rear diff occasionally clicks so Ill put a brand new one in before advertising it 🙂 

So what's with all the different models of E Revo trucks? The 1/10 scale is huge and looks more like a 1/8 scale. What's the difference between that and the Sledge?

Same with the 1/10 Rustler and the 1/16 E Revo really. I'm baffled by Traxxas, they seem to have multiple products that are crossing over into each other's arena. Like why buy a Wide Maxx over an E Revo?

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, BaldyMan said:

So what's with all the different models of E Revo trucks? The 1/10 scale is huge and looks more like a 1/8 scale. What's the difference between that and the Sledge?

Same with the 1/10 Rustler and the 1/16 E Revo really. I'm baffled by Traxxas, they seem to have multiple products that are crossing over into each other's arena. Like why buy a Wide Maxx over an E Revo?

They do it, because mugs/fanboys like me buy them all......

But seriously:

Theres the Xmaxx. A huge 1/5th Scale Monster Truck. Runs 8S Brushless

Then there's the Sledge. This an all new 8th Scale Truggy. Very traditional truggy layout. Alloy Chassis, Centre Diff etc

The E-Revo 2.0 was an improved E-Revo which is an older R/C. It LOOKS like a traditional Truggy, but it has in board pushrod shocks. its 1/10th on paper, but is 1/8th in all honesty. It is Brushless 6s. The Summit is based on the E-Revo 1.0 Chassis, but is more crawler orientated, and has lockable diffs, two speed gearbox and a large 775 brushed motor.

The Maxx/WideMaxx is a 10th scale, scaled down Xmaxx, with a modular chassis set up. Runs 3-4s Brushless and  is 10th scale

There's then the 10th Scale 4x4s. Theyre all based on a similar platform, but have different height/length chassis. Theres The Slash 4x4, Stampede 4x4, Rustler 4x4, Hoss 4x4 and the Rally is similar layout too. These are avaliable in brushed or brushless

There's then the 10th Scale 2WD. Theyre all based on a similar platform, but have different height/length chassis/Wheels/Tyres/Arms. Theres the Bandit, Stampede and the Rustler. These are avaliable in brushed or brushless

The 1/16th Traxxas models. Theres 3, all very similar, based on a Revo chassis but smaller, with pushrod suspension. Theres a Slash/Summit/Revo. The Slash has shorter arms, and they all have unique suspension set ups, but theyre very similar

Edited by Kpowell911
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Kpowell911 said:

They do it, because mugs/fanboys like me buy them all......

But seriously:

Theres the Xmaxx. A huge 1/5th Scale Monster Truck. Runs 8S Brushless

Then there's the Sledge. This an all new 8th Scale Truggy. Very traditional truggy layout. Alloy Chassis, Centre Diff etc

The E-Revo 2.0 was an improved E-Revo which is an older R/C. It LOOKS like a traditional Truggy, but it has in board pushrod shocks. its 1/10th on paper, but is 1/8th in all honesty. It is Brushless 6s. The Summit is based on the E-Revo 1.0 Chassis, but is more crawler orientated, and has lockable diffs, two speed gearbox and a large 775 brushed motor.

There's then the 10th Scale 4x4s. Theyre all based on a similar platform, but have different height/length chassis. Theres The Slash 4x4, Stampede 4x4, Rustler 4x4, Hoss 4x4 and the Rally is similar layout too. These are avaliable in brushed or brushless

There's then the 10th Scale 2WD. Theyre all based on a similar platform, but have different height/length chassis/Wheels/Tyres/Arms. Theres the Bandit, Stampede and the Rustler. These are avaliable in brushed or brushless

The 1/16th Traxxas models. Theres 3, all very similar, based on a Revo chassis but smaller, with pushrod suspension. Theres a Slash/Summit/Revo. The Slash has shorter arms, and they all have unique suspension set ups, but theyre very similar

Yea I was watching videos and comparing the Stampede, Hoss and Maxx. It's like they've got a budget, mid range and top end model but then there are different spec levels in them too.

I was looking at the Bandit and then looked at the Associated RB10 but then the wife whinged about prices so ended up with a Vantage. At least I can spend a bit more on wheels and bit and pieces and still have money to spare on what I'd have spent on the others, because I'd still have wanted road wheels, extra batteries, stuff like that anyway.

• Like 1

New oil shocks for the Rising Fighter arrived, courtesy of www.jk-rc.co.uk. The rears are perfect but there's a bit of rebound on the fronts so I'm wondering if I need softer springs or different oil

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MrCake said:

A very cheap Mini B from Amain!   Never ordered from them before but impressed with how quick it came and that was it then being handed over to Evri!

20220429_130159.jpg

A-Main are awesome! Glad someone got use of that deal!

• Like 2

5 hours ago, MrCake said:

A very cheap Mini B from Amain!   Never ordered from them before but impressed with how quick it came and that was it then being handed over to Evri!

20220429_130159.jpg

mini b is a cracking piece of kit, im amazed how my non pro rtr one handles converted from brushed to brushless 6100kv on 2s, its better than a lot of my 10 scales 😄

i get a wee bit torque steer to one way if i ram the throttle quickly, im soon gonna try the hex adapters i bought a while back to get 10 scale touring car wheels on it as my original tyres are a bit slicked out on the back 😛

edit: got rpm suspension arms for it too but not broke the stock ones yet, yep rpm do parts for it  🙂

Edited by Yrkoon
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, Kpowell911 said:

A-Main are awesome! Glad someone got use of that deal!

Ah thanks was it you who said about it?  Nice one if it was!!  I tried to search on the forum but that doesn't seem to bring up status thingies!? 

I was surprised how well it went and have seen this kinds of deals before but assumed it was US only!

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Yrkoon said:

mini b is a cracking piece of kit, im amazed how my non pro rtr one handles converted from brushed to brushless 6100kv on 2s, its better than a lot of my 10 scales 😄

i get a wee bit torque steer to one way if i ram the throttle quickly, im soon gonna try the hex adapters i bought a while back to get 10 scale touring car wheels on it as my original tyres are a bit slicked out on the back 😛

edit: got rpm suspension arms for it too but not broke the stock ones yet, yep rpm do parts for it  🙂

I can't wait to get it going but sadly it might not be for a couple of weeks now.  Not 100% sure where I will run, this but anything I can put in a rucksack is a winner imo,

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Shergar said:

Hopefully a full set of stainless for my TRX4 (I’ve ordered over) at quite a loss less than the Traxxas price. From GWR fasteners . However Traxxas specifies some odd lengths (23, 27mm) so I’ve gone over and under on lengths and hopefully I don’t need to trim anything. 

C2821DF7-3DA6-40F0-A85F-066CDF6BE357.thumb.jpeg.d219522f9fec8df3d5960e5fe4cadbb8.jpeg

Full stainlees is a good idea

• Like 2