• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

What did the postie bring you today?

53HRA

I bought a Hobbywing 1060, and got a Surpass one - thanks for nothing L&L models…. I know its the same in reality, but I paid over the odds for a Hobbywing and L&L dont give a damm 🤐 Its a couple of quid, negligible but it still grates!

8B7A281F-4CF0-45BA-82A7-4299458E6E14.thumb.jpeg.a0bdbccc03b0e5112206255c6bb2b499.jpeg

• Confused 1
  • Sad 3

1 hour ago, Shergar said:

I bought a Hobbywing 1060, and got a Surpass one - thanks for nothing L&L models…. I know its the same in reality, but I paid over the odds for a Hobbywing and L&L dont give a damm 🤐 Its a couple of quid, negligible but it still grates!

8B7A281F-4CF0-45BA-82A7-4299458E6E14.thumb.jpeg.a0bdbccc03b0e5112206255c6bb2b499.jpeg

Thats not on, did you pay paypal, if so file a claim, and now we know this shop might be one to avoid

• Like 2

On 03/03/2022 at 18:08, Shergar said:

i would be raging about that m8 😞

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Shergar said:

All refunded now, but the bad taste is still there. I did send it back though, I'm not robbing the seller.

glad to hear its all sorted bud 🙂

i have a surpass motor as a back up for my mini b and dad has one in his mini t, the motors are ok but i would of been going mental if i got one of their esc's instead of a hobbywing 😛

we both have hobbywing 1060 esc's in my lunch box and dads pumpkin and my not used much drifter, quality esc's we only use 2s on them though never tried 3s  🙂

what model you putting the 1060 in?

• Like 2

Postie brought some upgrade parts for the Injora buggy crawler, including new shocks, i did the green slime lube and filled with 450wt oil but they dont work any better than the internal spring stock shocks, disappointed ...on paper they are good, i might put them on the SXC10 and use the ones from sxc for the injora

shocks.JPG

• Like 3
  • Sad 2

2 hours ago, MrCake said:

After a lot of deliberating about what 1/8th to get, I went for one of these!  Mostly down to cost as everything seems a bit mad at the moment and I managed to get Modelsport to match a website selling it for £338 which felt a good price.  Just need to forget it was something like £320 not that far back 🤣

Hoping this is still pretty quick on 4S as I only have 1 x matched 3S pair but 2 x 2S.

DR8.jpg

I run mine on 4s with a 16th pinion and it's more than fast enough 👍

• Thanks 1

In the last few days I have received 2 x injora motors, 1 x scx alloy g/box plate and cover, brass steering knuckles and today my new shocks arrived too. Still waiting for the aluminium chassis links turning up then I'll get on all of it at once. Had a go with the brass knuckles but if I'm going to use them I'll need some +4/5mm stub axles to keep using the wheel weights. Then figure out what I need to do to the rear to keep even track width front and rear. It's a learning curve 🤷‍♂️

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Stormbringer said:

A Tamiya Wild One kit and some bits n pieces for it  :good:

And after thorough inspection by Gizmo and Elsa it passed lol :rofl:

HuYJx70.jpg

3kZVoy7.jpg

Very nice mate! Ooooh and it’s in black on the box art 😁