• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Beginners FAQ

Danny-B-

Yes you can use WD-40 instead (i have) some people disagree but it does the same thing.

Yes you can also use it all arround the car, anything that moves, protects servos, and electrics too. amazing stuff !

Yes you can use WD-40 instead (i have) some people disagree but it does the same thing.

Yes you can also use it all arround the car, anything that moves, protects servos, and electrics too. amazing stuff !

So do you think i should just use that, my mum has loads already or buy the proper stuff? And puting it in the engine how much do i put in? :S

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
hi, i have now got the Hitec 645MG servo and read somewhere about servo savers, what are they and will i need it for the Hitec 645MG servo and the hyper 7.

thanks

The Hyper has a built in Servo saver to the steering rack.

all this does is take the stress off of the Servo if you were to knock the wheels as they are turning etc.

Chris

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Not so much a noob Q (I hope) but which parts are common/compatible between the Jato & Rustler (VXL)?

Anyone know where to get Rustler big-bore shocks/price?

Edited by Spoonmeister

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Ive just got my car and ive runned it twice but both times ive had to heat up the engine to get it started and was wondering if there is somthin i can do so i dont have to heat it up every time because by the time i get to where im gonna drive it which is about 10 mins away the engine will be cold again or is it jus because im still breaking it in and will get get better after it has been broken in?

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

Hi,

new to all this

i have bought a 2nd hand carson 1/10th scale road car, when it starts it will idle for a short while then free rev itself even though the carb is fully shut, can anybody give some advice as my son is starting to get inpatient :helpsmilie: thank you

hey there this is my first post. i am currently running a hpi rush evo. i have removed the brake as i was having problems with the clutch slipping. now ive broken the transmission. is it OK to run the car without a brake?

• 2 weeks later...

totally new to Nitro Rc's and this forum so sorry if i have posted this in the wrong place :confused:

i have a Tamiya ( pic on profile ) no idea about setting up from scratch :confused: i brought it 2nd hand and all i know it's not running well :( it has an FR32 FX engine and i want to set it up for general playing about, not worries about top speed. I have watched the video's and read all i can find so far but i was hoping to start from the begining as in screwing the screws all the way in and then unscrewing 1/2 way or as much as i need to to get it running better. I would be totally greatful for any help :D and boy do i need it lol

• 2 weeks later...

I am new to modelling, I couldn't get my car started and now I'm getting a bit better at it.

I reset the idle valve and High speed needle to the factory settings, which on my HPI RS4 3 is 3 turns anti clockwise from closed for the high speed and the idle screw is whatever opens the carb up 1mm.

my car basically zips about until it's hot, then it stalls, I don't know what's wrong with it, once it stalls there's no starting it up again for ages, I think I have to wait till it's cool before I can restart.

When I visited the model shop he said that replacing the liner would most likely restore the compression and pretty much make the engine as good as new.

Is this true or is it just throwing money away?? Does it need a new engine if this is the case and would it be more cost effective to buy one?

I'm not sure about how to set the two screws up for idling and high speed, I'm not sure if I'm starving it of fuel and lubrication or whether I'm drowning it, it's all very confusing.

Please can someone help?

Thanks.

Rob.

• 5 months later...

Hi,

I was bought a Rascal 2 for christmas, its very good, but it the first one i've ever had. The car moves forward when the trigger is in the neutral position, can anyone tell me if this is correct,if not what do i need to do to stop it. i would have thought it would stay still until i pull the trigger.

Will any Fail-safe fit my car?

regards

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...