• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

How good is the Schumacher Swift 2?

Furious

Hey all, pretty much the title - how good is the Schumacher Swift 2? What speeds will it max when tuned? Its for my friend he jsut bought but cant use untill christmas.

Thanks

It's not a Shumacher the guy's right it's a budget jobby.... :)

yeah i dont think there great

chris (whiteley) had one if i rember was alright nothing special..

That's right,the same buggy is made under a few different monikers and is hardly Shumacher quality.. :) That's the point I was making.... :good:

It is a good looking little buggy though... :good: But you can see the difference to Shumacher Swift which I don't think they do now or I may be mistaken... :) But I think it's the Daewoo/Vauxhall scenario what's gone on.It may be desighned by Shumacher but they don't make it like the Astra was Vauxhall's baby and then there was the Nexia Astra copy desighned by Vauxhall made by Daewoo and the Nexia was budget... :) point made...

Edited by Mr Terminator

Nothing makes me say it,it is a budget car or are Nanda a premier make now....? <_<

Keep yer hair on....

Its a Schumacher designed buggy so the design should be up to standard but im not sure what the plastics will be like or anything... :boredlook:

Keep yer hair on....

Its a Schumacher designed buggy so the design should be up to standard but im not sure what the plastics will be like or anything... :boredlook:

You asked,I answered.Hobao made the Hyper 7,HBX make VRX-2,Hobao design and there not as good in quality as Hobao...Fact... :D If you don't like the answers,don't ask the questions......

Edited by Mr Terminator

Good point. But i think this is the schumacher switft but with a different name. The VRX-2 is influenced by the Hyper 7, not designed by Hobao...

My last post here ;) Im sure Garry's brother had one of these, wouldnt put money on it though.

I have one, and its pretty awesome. It is made by Nanda Racing but its extremely well made I think, there's lots of carbon fibre and alloy parts, the engine seems pretty awesome too, always starts on the first or second pull and its never cut out during a tank, its always ran right through a tank. The engine will quite happily idle through a whole tank of fuel, which is good as you don't need to keep restarting it if you need to leave it to idle for any reason such as adjustments.

The engine was amazingly easy to break-in too. The instructions that come with it are very basic but they will get you going and of course there's always the internet. It comes with some basic tools like allen-keys and a fuel bottle and a wrench. Pleanty to get you started with.

My friend also has got the same car as me (he got it for his birthday the same week I ordered mine!) He's given his a lot more of a bashing than I've given mine (big jumps + crashes), and apart from bending the suspension once that's the only major damage it's had, so they are very well built cars!

Only thing i would reccomend is a new steering servo because the stock ones aren't very powerful. Also change the throtte return spring, the stock one is extremely hard, just nick one out of a clicky pen!

I've only ever ran it on grass before properly, and I'd say it easy does 35-40mph on the grass. Once I get my temperature gauge (it's on my xmas list!) i'll be able to tune it properly and proberly get a bit more speed out of it! Tuned properly, on tarmac i rekon it would easy do 45-50+mph.

I think that's about all I have to say right now, if you need anything else drop me a PM or something ;)

Edit: Typos.

Edited by rok.my.sox

• 13 years later...
  • 4 weeks later...