• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Traxxas UK vs US pricing…..

Kpowell911

I know Im a big Traxxas fan but I just saw this…..

a Traxxas Drag Slash. In the UK from Modelsport (who are selling at UK RRP. Same as every other UK shop).

https://www.modelsport.co.uk/product/traxxas-1967-chevrolet-c10-drag-slash-green-1340520

The deal in the US right now…..

This is for TWO Drag Slash’s and the lighting system….

2zD2VRx.png

No words….

Edited by Kpowell911
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, Jack Reacher said:

So buy the pair from the US and sell one as a new unused item

Traxxas (and tbh Arrma on some things) wont let you ship to the UK. 

My Traxxas “addiction” started with Tower Hobbies. At the time the dollar was weak to the pound, Traxxas stuff was already dirt cheap over there, and Tower always had coupon codes. I saved a fortune vs UK prices even with VAT/Customs. 

I reckon Royal Mail are striking right now because theyre not getting my weekly £12 ”Admin fees” from Tower Hobbies cause Traxxas stopped it all. If they had my £12 a week they could give the posties a well deserved raise. I jest but you know. 

In theory its a good thing. It makes me use UK shops. But maybe have a look at the pricing? Haha

Edited by Kpowell911
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

UK are expensive across the board, Traxxas don't help though, they are very hands on when it comes to the supply to international retailers and set demands how suppliers should handle their brand abroad (e.g. forcing retailers to complete warranty cards, only supply stores that have physical stores). They almost act like a franchise.

I would say in this case though, these models are not popular in the UK, they were a flop and are probably flogging the unmovable stock they have in the USA - 'cause looking around nobody wants them here and nobody stocks 'em!

• Like 2

• 3 months later...