• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Suits - Arrma Kraton EXB 8S

Suits

Loads recommend stupid gearing with fans, where everything is on the limit of smoking itself for some reason, guess it’s a Arrma thing 

When I ran 30/39 with the 1050kv Leopard even the battery wires were heating up to a level I wasn’t happy with 

• Like 2

I ordered some bits from Modelsport on Friday and it showed up Saturday. Once again incredible service.

IMG_3818.thumb.jpeg.a4621646f9bb1ed9e75cdf49300ee006.jpeg

I have some rear mudguards on my Notorious and I like them, so I picked up the appropriate POS application. Also big shout to @.AJ.  who sent me a link for the front stone guards.

When it comes to gearing, I have two extra pinions, which now gives me 24T, 30T and 39T options. I'm going to start off with the 30T.

Also picked up one of those Hobbywing program boxes as I now have two HW systems and might be handy to have in the bag when out and about.

Batteries look great, I went for the cases Gens Ace 8000mAh 100C 4S packs, which should do me well in the Kraton.

IMG_3819.thumb.jpeg.42f09b0ed7d3ad1ba020f8fa26be5906.jpeg

• Like 2

Got a bit of a problem.

After a bit of a re-build and changing the pinion from a 39T to a 30T one, the motor has slightly shifted its position further toward the middle of the truck.

This appears to have caused the motor to foul on the steering ackerman when turning left.

Whilst the motor cables aren't ideal, they're not the problem here, (I can rotate the motor to completely rule them out) it's the rear of the motor housing completely blocking anything other than the first 10 degrees of left turn.

Does anyone have any suggestions ??

IMG_3832.thumb.jpeg.5e36f7d1b8c55161b239943c61916310.jpeg

IMG_3836.thumb.jpeg.27a145391ed864f9ec13412bb6771b29.jpeg

IMG_3837.thumb.jpeg.6106171dfcbbac2171a8cdf62e724109.jpeg

• Suits changed the title to Suits - Arrma Kraton EXB 8S ***Bit of a problem 27/08/22***
56 minutes ago, Tug said:

Bigger spur or shorter motor. 

Yeah, I was hoping to get something with what I have to hand to be honest - but they are both valid solutions.

At very least I could just gear it up again to move the motor out but I'm sure I can work something out having asked around etc..

8 minutes ago, .AJ. said:

I was warned about this with a big 58113 motor, so I’ve got a M2C steering rack on mine which has the appropriate clearance for the bigger motor 👍 

Yeah, seems like it's a thing doesn't it.

Cool, well I'm in no rush so I might order one of those from M2C.

At a very push, I could just Dremel out like you say.

I'm hopefully having looked about and asked about I can keep this set-up and get it working.

• Like 1

I don't think the M2C steering part is all that good tbh, I had to shim mine quite a bit and it had more slop than the stock part 😩

On another note, I posted this on another forum..

So, my Outcast has less steering left vs the right, the turning circle is huge whilst turning left..!!
Although when on the bench my wheels turn equal distance left and right, all the endpoints are set and it's all centered correctly, recently fitted the Vitavon servo saver hoping to cure my issue yet the car still has more steering turning right, it has an upgraded 70kg servo fitted too.
This is a RTR version with the M2C steering upgrade amongst other upgrades...

Has anyone had this happen and if so, how did you fix it.??
Send help.!!

Edited by BashingBrian
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, BashingBrian said:

I don't think the M2C steering part is all that good tbh, I had to shim mine quite a bit and it had more slop than the stock part 😩

Hey man, thanks for giving me your experience with that part.

My current plan is to try and Dremel out the steering rack and see what that gives me, it's cheap part and if I can get a good result with it, it'll be a bonus.

If it breaks, or doesn't work out I will then look at the more expensive options like the M2C solution but I think it's worth giving it a try.

• 4 weeks later...

So,  I finally took the Kraton out over the weekend.

It was simply a test run to see if it held together after the rebuild and adjustments that I made with the motor, gearing and steering.

In short it was fine, didn't catch fire and ran pretty well.

The steering servo (Savox SW-0241) was woefully bad though, turning circles were silly and maneuverability was painful. So that was an area I HAD to improve ASAP.

After barging into AJ's thread and quizzing him about suitable servos, I picked up a 65kg Power HD servo which will hopefully give me more ability in that department. 

12.thumb.jpg.33b618949b6ce5aca0bab5b277359ccd.jpg

I also managed to successfully trim the steering rack with a Dremel and smooth it off enough to clear the motor. It's tight but clears it, I'll just keep an eye on it after use and adjust if needed.

If it does fail, or cause issues I'll pick up the M2C part but if it works/lasts that's a bonus.

***Last pic is the steering at it worst/closest point of the travel.

11.thumb.jpg.fe763bf54078433aec4510c57f107add.jpg

10.thumb.jpg.9a031d22b383fded04367c7373a1aff4.jpg

13.thumb.jpg.82c209d1cbab9d42f3a0e8758376f52b.jpg

• Like 1

• Suits changed the title to Suits - Arrma Kraton EXB 8S