• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Cheapish Steering/Throttle servos….

Kpowell911

Im after 3x metal gear servos for 2x Revos. I need 2x Steering and 1x Throttle. They dont need to be waterproof or anything fancy, just better than RTR stuff. 

Any recommendations? Are any of the Amazon Prime ones any good? Dont really wanna pay much, around £20 each I guess?

Thanks

16 hours ago, Kpowell911 said:

Im after 3x metal gear servos for 2x Revos. I need 2x Steering and 1x Throttle. They dont need to be waterproof or anything fancy, just better than RTR stuff. 

Any recommendations? Are any of the Amazon Prime ones any good? Dont really wanna pay much, around £20 each I guess?

Thanks

I'm not a fan of the Amazon specials/Red DS servos and in both instances gave them away and opted for super old hitec servos which continue to do a great job. 

I found the red DS things just way too slow, but then again I have been running nothing but buggies until recently. So I guess for crawlers and other form factors which don't call for speed they're fine. 

I think with all the nice stuff you have you may end up a bit underwhelmed with the Red DS type servo. 

I second JX servo, had a 46kg in my 8T, no issues. Quick enough, decent torque and reviews seem decent too. 

Failing that I'd buy something used off FB/eBay.

18 minutes ago, Bert_w164 said:

I'm not a fan of the Amazon specials/Red DS servos and in both instances gave them away and opted for super old hitec servos which continue to do a great job. 

I found the red DS things just way too slow, but then again I have been running nothing but buggies until recently. So I guess for crawlers and other form factors which don't call for speed they're fine. 

I think with all the nice stuff you have you may end up a bit underwhelmed with the Red DS type servo. 

I second JX servo, had a 46kg in my 8T, no issues. Quick enough, decent torque and reviews seem decent too. 

Failing that I'd buy something used off FB/eBay.

I didnt get on with one as a steering servo in a Kraton EXB, I gave it away as you did. Im thinking it may be ok in a seldom used revo?

14 hours ago, locky said:

Hmm. 3x Pro’s for £40. Cant moan?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, martin34 said:

£21:99 on amazon but I don't own one so I can't comment on the quality.

51iYpo-5yFL._AC_SY780_.jpg

I have this in my notorious. Have given it hell and hasn’t failed, yet…

not the quickest, but plenty of power and cheap. 

if you’re not in a rush, Ali x is the way!

13 minutes ago, Ant.p said:

I have this in my notorious. Have given it hell and hasn’t failed, yet…

not the quickest, but plenty of power and cheap. 

if you’re not in a rush, Ali x is the way!

Tempted to get one for my mt10  🤔

Edited by martin34