• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

What are the best nitro fuels in the UK?

what is electric?

I'd like to know what fuel everybody runs and recommends in the uk for 1/8 scale offroad. Ive seen alot of people using piranha racing fuels at the tracks, and some using optifuel race blend. I never really see model technics fuel however... Even though i think theyre owned by optifuel now? Whats your opinion on that? I don't know if this means optifuel and model technics are now literally the exact same fuel or if they are still seperate... Anyway... What fuel do you run and recommend?

56 minutes ago, locky said:

Whatever is easiest to source and cost. I've used Model Technics and now Optifuel. Only used race version from Optifuel.  If your just bashing then it doesnt really matter.

Did you notice much of a difference between the model technics fuel and optifuel race blend?

The only difference is smell! It is only the lubricant that really varies in nature and content and not power for the same nitromethane and methanol content.  Some produce more oil residue from the exhaust than others and level of exhaust smoke, which is why tuning by exhaust smoke level isnt always reliable. 

38 minutes ago, what is electric? said:

I am racing so for my personal interest i like to hear what others recommend for racing. But it is also good to hear what bashers are running 

Either follow the race track trend or test some different brands. There are many variables to be able to measure a significant difference. I suspect driver skill, ability to tune and car set up to have a greater affect on your performance than fuel brand.