• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Rally car long shot buying new please close****

Lone-wolf

Find a used shed of a Slash 4x4 and use that as a base and build it up over time. Decent off road, and unparalelled upgrades.....

10th scale is too small for off road unfortunately, as good as they look.

Does it need to have electronics for £200?

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Kpowell911 said:

Find a used shed of a Slash 4x4 and use that as a base and build it up over time. Decent off road, and unparalelled upgrades.....

10th scale is too small for off road unfortunately, as good as they look.

Does it need to have electronics for £200?

Thanks for suggestion but not after a slash mate

8 hours ago, PraetoR said:

If you can find an HPI RS4 Sport 3, that's an ideal rally car. What with its fully metal and sealed drivetrain.

You'd be lucky to stumble across a used one, though.

found a new chassis for sale, might just do the build, got a brushless motor and servo so just need an esc and body   "Edit"oops not in stock

Edited by Jack Reacher

11 hours ago, PraetoR said:

If you can find an HPI RS4 Sport 3, that's an ideal rally car. What with its fully metal and sealed drivetrain.

You'd be lucky to stumble across a used one, though.

They have been on order for 3 months and are out of stock as all the stock has gone to those who pre ordered when out of stock, so another 4+ month wait for the chassis. The brushless rtr being 250 isnt bad value its a decent 3s brushless setup, if the chassis doesnt end up coming into stock or a 2nd had one doesnt show, ill be getting the rtr one. The other pain is 3 weeks wait for spares like dogbones :(

Yeah, I ordered one in Tay Models, in January! Cancelled my order last month, because the HPI Rep still had no clue when they'd be available.

But, if you can find one, they're very nice.

• Like 1

On 04/08/2022 at 16:16, Jack Reacher said:

I will be in the market for a  Rally/touring car sub £200 but dont really want a Tamiya needs to be 1/10th or larger, let me know if you have something i could use

What about the Maverick Strada RX? Looks a decent budget option.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, everclear1984 said:

What about the Maverick Strada RX? Looks a decent budget option.

The Strada RX brushless is on the list, my mate wants me to get one so i can sell him it cheap when i get bored with it lol 😅

On 06/08/2022 at 11:02, Jack Reacher said:

The Strada RX brushless is on the list, my mate wants me to get one so i can sell him it cheap when i get bored with it lol 😅

I was hoping to get first dibs 😅

• Like 1

• Lone-wolf changed the title to Rally car long shot buying new please close****
  • Gaz! locked this topic