• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Howdy from Gloucestershire

Evening all,

Just dropping in to say Hi 👋 as I’m sure is quite common I’ve found myself  coming back to RC after 30+ years.

Couple of weeks ago I was browsing YouTube as you do and stumbled across Kevin Talbots videos on YouTube (they are very eye catching!) After a week of binge watching his channel along with several others, seeing how much the RC world had changed and even more how amazing RTR models are now it didn’t take long to decide I had to get me some of that action.

Didn’t take long to end up at the Associated Rival MT10 as the ideal starting place though was a bit reluctant to splash that cash on that along with batteries/charger so last Friday picked up a FTX Tracer MT from my local shop (Antics in Stroud) on the pretence my kids could use it and I could see if it was as fun as it looked on YouTube… took it out Saturday and within about 2 minutes I knew I’d be buying that MT10 🤣

6D092BB8-0CCB-4873-AFE6-5D78107A1130.thumb.jpeg.f80cacc0c45874bc822b4971ad7d3ef6.jpeg

Made it to Monday (yesterday) and ordered the Rival MT10, batteries and charger which all arrived today… boom, done 🙈

E72437F0-6677-4E34-BCA9-133DE7BC194F.thumb.jpeg.f52620b76759e58a2440b9d334b373a6.jpeg

Not even had a chance to try it yet but took a few pics and all set for the morning… so now I’m off to the owners thread to ask a few questions 😀

Already have my eye on the Infraction V2… I’m guessing this is quite normal now, wanting more already 🤪

Edited by Jonmurgie
Fixing image position
  • Like 3

Hi Jon 👋 

I used to live in Stroud! Small world!

The MT-10 looks like a great car. I’m pretty tempted by one. Keep us updated on here with any breakages and upgrades!

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Borked said:

Hi Jon 👋 

I used to live in Stroud! Small world!

The MT-10 looks like a great car. I’m pretty tempted by one. Keep us updated on here with any breakages and upgrades!

Ah I actually live in Newent at the moment but the Antics in Stroud had the version I wanted (MT not Truggy) but used to live there eons ago (went to Marling School

for a bit). Still a nice place 

Yep that MT10 has sooooo many positive reviews and seems to be one of the best 3S RTR MT Bashers out there, especially for the money. Figured worth giving it a bash (pun intended!)

• Like 1