• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Mjx hyper go-go-go!

LondonNeil

Hi everybody!  I'm new here and new to RC. Well, 35+ years ago I had a Mardave Apache and mates with tamiyas, but now with kids of my own I'm hoping they will enjoy it and we can do a bit together. 

I've just ordered 3 of the hyper gos after a load of YouTube and reviews from the likes of tomley and beyond. At £80 each they seem a bargain, very similar to the ftx tracer, hbx and many others but with oil shocks, lipo, all metal drive, built in GPS and an app to Bluetooth to the phone for battery state and other stuff, plus seemingly durable.  Could be the new standard that the ftx and hbx need to step to. Hopefully so, and parts will be available here plus upgrades, although one review suggested it may be close enough to the tracer that some parts are a straight swap.

With young kids myself out of practice for 35 years I suspect we will soon find some of the weak points and then be checking out if ftx parts fit before AliExpress ships spares from China!

Other than skrim and shoe goo on the body shell do you guys do much else to your tracers/mini bashers for a bit of extra resilience?  I can think of a few things that should add a little and although the expected delivery isn't until October, as these are probably going to be Christmas presents I'll have time to do a bit of work on them before first use.

• Like 1

I’ve not got one of these but my lad has been driving a q901 car for a couple of years now and apart from swapping out the stock shocks for some oil filled ones I’ve not really had to touch it. The only issue we seem to have is loosing body clips pretty much every time we go out. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, beyondRC said:

Love the little hyper go's! I recently spoke with MJX and the 2s/3s brushless versions will soon be released too they are just finishing production! They will be sending me a couple to try so stay tuned for the vids! 

Here is a little sneak peek of the specs (not sure im supposed to make it public yet but oh well 🤣

hypergo.png

If am right did your finger slip 🤣🤣

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, LondonNeil said:

Thanks beyond. I wonder if they are beefing any parts other than the battery and electrics?  I shall watch out for your review.... Although I've ordered mine now!

Possibly! I mean they are very durable and easily capable to accept a brushless system even In their brushed form so we will see. If I find out anymore details will let you know 😎👍

• Like 1

Just heard from MJX again so another quick update on the new hyper go brushless versions 

The gps and telemetry is now an optional extra and the base versions will not include the gps, gps receiver and Bluetooth transmitter. 

These three items will be in a package called T22 and available separately. 

Like this idea a lot as it should help to keep the cost down and the gps stuff was a bit gimmicky anyway. 

👍

• Like 2

I'm starting to see a flaw in my plan.. Well two even.  I'm going to struggle to keep to keep these in their box until Christians Christmas and second, while they take ages to come from AliExpress lend land I keep watching reviews of kraton exbs and rival mt8s.   It's going to be hard to not spend more money!

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, LondonNeil said:

I'm starting to see a flaw in my plan.. Well two even.  I'm going to struggle to keep to keep these in their box until Christians Christmas and second, while they take ages to come from AliExpress lend land I keep watching reviews of kraton exbs and rival mt8s.   It's going to be hard to not spend more money!

I had the same issue bought my lad the tracer 

2months before he was supposed to get it 

He got it early 

So my eldest then got his carnage early 

So then I needed a mt10 

It happens and it only gets more expensive from there promise 😂😂😂

• Haha 2

37 minutes ago, LondonNeil said:

I did manage to keep the ones I'd ordered as a Christmas present under warps a couple of years back, but that probably only worked as they turned up fairly close to Christmas. I'm not sure I could have waited if I'd put the orders in now. Got any convenient birthdays coming up?

Seen your fuller review is up too Ricky, it looks a great upgrade.  As you say, if it comes in at our below £100 then it should provide a lot of smiles.  I'm slightly disappointed I ordered the older GPS and brushed version just before this appeared now!  Ho hum 

One slightly worrying thing though, another YouTuber's review I saw of the brushed version, truck broke a diff cup first run out. It had done a few speed runs then a few jumps then....poof.  apparently the spares will only be available from mjx direct too.  That will be a problem and I hope it's not the case... Or that parts from the ftx or hbx fit. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

was very impressed with the brushed and brushless versions. Think its been confirmed to cost about £90 odd which is a very good price for what you get! 

a 2200mah 2s will fit in comfortably and provide a bit of extra run time 👍

parts should be available on banggoods/ali x eventually but i am still awaiting confirmation on this from MJX

Edited by beyondRC
  • Like 1

Kids in bed so I grabbed it out the wardrobe for a longer look over.  It looks Tough little bugger!  Really does! X-maxx like body fix system with a roll cage under the shell, seriously beefed and braced chassis,  metal drive train, heat sink and fan on the motor, scuff guards on the body shell.... There's not much I feel the need to do to this. 

I might have to strip it to reach the motor as I've a feeling there's no conductive potting between the motor and heat sink(kind of makes the sink SB insulator!)...a minimal amount of shoo goo....a bit of coke can scuff guardage.... Oh and probably most important I might knock up a DIY vacuum former to make an inner shell/dust and splash guard by forming a pet pop bottle.