• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

What RC did you miss out on?

Fremen

I seem to have this knack of discovering  rc cars that I want which are no longer being made/sold.   Last year I discovered the Tamiya low ride pumpkin and really wanted one, checked online = nope.   A few months later I was reading about the Tamiya Honda City turbo and fell in love,  none available seems like I was too late to the party- damn!    Same for the pink limited edition Hornet!

Has this ever happened to you? Your stories will make me feel better.

--Peace

2 hours ago, Fremen said:

I seem to have this knack of discovering  rc cars that I want which are no longer being made/sold.   Last year I discovered the Tamiya low ride pumpkin and really wanted one, checked online = nope.   A few months later I was reading about the Tamiya Honda City turbo and fell in love,  none available seems like I was too late to the party- damn!    Same for the pink limited edition Hornet!

Has this ever happened to you? Your stories will make me feel better.

--Peace

The low ride  can still be got from  China

I didnt miss out, I had it. Managed to get this at retail in 2006:

https://tamiyabase.com/tamiya-models/49400

I sold it within a month for £100 more (honestly cant remember what retail was). Worth a fortune now.

I pacified the urge by buying a Tamico edition, but that wasnt the same so sold it.

I missed out on the 45th Anniversary, but that was by choice

Every tamiya that's worth about x10 their original value! 

A few predator x10s or x11s wouldn't go a miss, I've seen them at well over £1000 for a tidyone.