• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

New tx needed

windz1000r

7 hours ago, Borked said:

Also @windz1000r, when is your next race? I’d be interested to know how you got on and whether you think your fancy Tx helped! 👍🏻

I’m meeting the local club on Aug 7th to see how they run and get advice on what to get to be (potentially) competitive at their club. 

Aug 7th seems a long way away… I’m too impatient 😄

We are really lucky for local tracks 

We have one every Wednesday all though I won't be able to make It the Wednesday coming so will be there the following we'd 

We have a grass track that's open every sat 

And another indoor track that runs once a month on a Sunday 

I currently stick to the one on Wednesdays but wanting to get to the one on sats every now and again aswell 

Due to personal commitments this can be hard for me sometimes. 

But as it will only be my second race meet I will be able to see if there is any differences. 

One of the racers said to me 

You have a expensive race car 

And a cheep radio the radio is the only bit that connects you to the car 

• Like 2

Cheers for the detail @windz1000r

I had no idea a transmitter could have all that functionality. I can certainly see the benefit of quite a few of those features, particularly the braking adjustments and the trigger/steering weight/tension. 

I guess a lap timer/countdown is kinda useful for racing, but not sure I’d have the time to look at it while zooming around the track!

Good point about it being the only thing that connects you to the car. I guess it’s one of those things that I’ll upgrade in future, once I have an “expensive race car” 😁

👍🏻

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Borked said:

Cheers for the detail @windz1000r

I had no idea a transmitter could have all that functionality. I can certainly see the benefit of quite a few of those features, particularly the braking adjustments and the trigger/steering weight/tension. 

I guess a lap timer/countdown is kinda useful for racing, but not sure I’d have the time to look at it while zooming around the track!

Good point about it being the only thing that connects you to the car. I guess it’s one of those things that I’ll upgrade in future, once I have an “expensive race car” 😁

👍🏻

The timer is set up to a button next to your thumb so you can just tap it to log a lap and look back after the race 

There is 2 main screens I've put some pictures to give you a rough idea of what can be seen on them 

PXL_20220730_082119332.MP.jpg

PXL_20220730_082146224.MP.jpg

PXL_20220730_082156257.jpg

• Like 1

Cheers mate, that’s pretty cool, although I’m not sure how much use I’d find all that data at the moment. 

I didn’t realise you needed to press the button for the lap timer, I’d assumed it would run off the transponder, but that’s just my lack of understanding!

22 minutes ago, Borked said:

Cheers mate, that’s pretty cool, although I’m not sure how much use I’d find all that data at the moment. 

I didn’t realise you needed to press the button for the lap timer, I’d assumed it would run off the transponder, but that’s just my lack of understanding!

Oh completely understand I won't use any of that data most of the time really I suppose it just cool to go back into your race data and look at it and see how much you was on the breaks or throttle ect 

As it will save it if you ask it to for every race 

The date and time is handy aswell lol