• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

2022 Traxxas XO-1 Supercar

53HRA

It's kinda cool, but it'll be £100-£150 more than an Infraction V2, and it does less in terms of flexibility (zero ground clearance - RC_Driver already has a video up, it just scrapes on the floor with some nice plasticy noises/shell rattle). 

Don't like the tyres either, they might be great but absolutely useless in damp/wet conditions. Which you can't use it in either, since it's not waterproof (or resistant, really). 

If you want to go 100+ mph, getting a Limitless with a decent combo is smarter and considerably cheaper. And with the bittydesign stuff, you get better looking shells, too. 

edit: just as a rant in general, a plastic geared servo in a rig that goes 50% over the national speed limit is just idiotic.

Edited by m4inbrain
  • Like 3

I thought these looked good when they originally came out, really liked the idea of a larger scale on road car. Then I saw how low they were and just thought nah!  Fast forward a few years to this and I'm glad I've recently bought a Limitless to turn into a large scale drifter - once I've sorted a decent combo and good looking shell... 

58 minutes ago, Kpowell911 said:

I cant see why this is a 2022 model? What changes are there?

Rumoured to be £869, £60 more than the RRP than the outgoing one. 

Come on Traxxas, Arrma are making a mockery of you with this?

Well, they've cut a hole in the shell and supplied a bit of foam for £60 more..... 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kpowell911 said:

I cant see why this is a 2022 model? What changes are there?

Rumoured to be £869, £60 more than the RRP than the outgoing one. 

There's the change. 😄

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Even a hardcore Traxxas lad like me cant justify this, Id have an old one aleady if they didnt command such an insane price still.

The Arrma appears better, newer, with an unlimited supply of aftermarket support. And is cheaper??

• Like 2

Let me pre face this by saying Mark Saint Maria has an extremely good channel and creates some amazing content, especially if you like Traxxas, or the insides of RC (he has a great video about the financials of being a pro RC driver I found interesting!) 

I watch his videos quite a lot. Im a big fan. However he is extremely Pro Traxxas, he attends their HQ a lot, and even hosts their summer camps. Here’s his video on the new X-01:

if you dont want to watch the whole video. 

Box Stock, with the app unlocked for 100mph mode…….

54mph. FIFTY FOUR! Or 52 on the GNSS

Im sure it does more than that in a better environment, and thats a first pass. 

However, Im pretty confident most of my other Traxxas off roads hit 54mph box stock 😂

Apparently its much better to drive at slow speeds. So thats great 👍🏻

So guys either:

Find a cheap used X-01 (original). 

Buy an Infraction

Or just buy a WR8 Flux, and look better than them both and have something far more useable day to day. If youre going up against a 2022 X-01, why not buy TWO WR8 Flux’s so you can have one pretty one for the shelf. God I want a WR8

Edited by Kpowell911
  • Like 2

Or just buy a WR8 Flux, and look better than them both and have something far more useable day to day.

From today i can say with confidence, instead of a WR8 Flux, buy a Infraction 3s. As usable, and is in fact a speed RC too. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, m4inbrain said:

From today i can say with confidence, instead of a WR8 Flux, buy a Infraction 3s. As usable, and is in fact a speed RC too. 

Cant gel with the looks (same with the 1/7th one, why is it based on an old pick up truck? (Because Ken Block??), and cant see why youd buy it over the bigger one. 65mph needs space regardless of how big the actual RC is.

A WR8 just looks fantastic, and has more  strings to its bow

Edited by Kpowell911
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, Kpowell911 said:

Cant gel with the looks (same with the 1/7th one, why is it based on an old pick up truck? (Because Ken Block??), and cant see why youd buy it over the bigger one. 65mph needs space regardless of how big the actual RC is.

It's 74mph. 

And it's 3s. And it actually fits the cupboard without me requiring to sell stuff - the Felony, which i had before, didn't. This is better than the Felony by a mile for me. The WR8 is a good looking RC, but why you'd buy a rally RC over a speed RC when the comparison is to an XO-1 is quite beyond me. 

2 minutes ago, m4inbrain said:

It's 74mph. 

And it's 3s. And it actually fits the cupboard without me requiring to sell stuff - the Felony, which i had before, didn't. This is better than the Felony by a mile for me. The WR8 is a good looking RC, but why you'd buy a rally RC over a speed RC when the comparison is to an XO-1 is quite beyond me. 

My comparison included the WR8 was because the video i posted got 52mph with the X-01….. which to be honest is around the speed people end up getting most of the time with these ‘speed runners’ anyway in the real world. 

But good to hear youre happy with your new RC 👍🏻

• Like 1

While true, those people arent looking at XO-1 or 6s Infractions either 😉

In regards to the big Infraction.. buddy, we both have XMaxxes and still bought the incredibly overpriced smaller one 😛

Mind, i DO need a rally RC in my life, too. Might need to do some investigating. Hows thr Sledge treating you?

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, m4inbrain said:

While true, those people arent looking at XO-1 or 6s Infractions either 😉

In regards to the big Infraction.. buddy, we both have XMaxxes and still bought the incredibly overpriced smaller one 😛

Mind, i DO need a rally RC in my life, too. Might need to do some investigating. Hows thr Sledge treating you?

Truth be told Ive not been out with it (or any of them much lately). 

Sledge seems great, I really like it. but Ive not pushed it, and its no different (better or worse before we start) to other 8th Truggys, so if youre after a Truggy, Im sure youd get more value elsewhere. 

• Like 1

Im with you on the WR8, same top speed maybe even a tad higher with a tiny bit of mods, and killer looks plus can go of road

Got to be honest I don't see what people like about the WR8 other than its looks, but then after my whole Savage incident I wouldn't go near a new HPI if someone paid me. I'd also argue after my experience that the Infraction would be far better to drive "off road", granted you'd have to remove the front splitter if you didn't want to trash it but I still maintain it's one of the most versatile on road RCs there is.

Back to the XO1 this "newer" version does look a little more stable and easier to drive than the old one but it still doesn't look anywhere near as composed and controllable as the Arrma cars. It would also have been nice if they changed the body to something different.

Edited by supersavage
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Jack Reacher said:

Im with you on the WR8, same top speed maybe even a tad higher with a tiny bit of mods, and killer looks plus can go of road

I'm not quite sure which RCs you're comparing here, but not a single statement is correct, except maybe about the looks. 

It's not even close to the same top speed - the WR8 flux does 46mph out of the box. Geared up from 15t to 17t it does 52mph (none included). That's compared to 58mph on the bashing pinion of the Infraction, at 74mph on the "go fast pinion" that's in the box. It also has a considerably shorter wheelbase, so you actually don't want to go anywhere near as fast. And these are figures pulled from youtube videos, this is what people are getting. 

Second, offroad, made me chuckle. I wonder if people see the body of a rally car and go "hm, yeah, that's offroad capable, proper offroader that is" or if they actually just don't realise that the WR8 has almost the same ride height. It can't do grass, much like the Infraction - the offroad capabilities are limited to flat dirt (with no rocks in it) and gravel. Much like the Infraction. Both are "all road vehicles". 

We can argue about looks (subjective) - i like trucks, especially of the 70s/80s, so the Infraction shell suits me. So does the STI shell of the WR8 - but that's it. In terms of capabilities, there's nothing a WR8 does that an Infraction can't. 

In regards to this:

1 hour ago, Jack Reacher said:

why is it based on an old pick up truck? (Because Ken Block??)

Erm.. The WR8 literally comes as a Gymkhana Fiesta. 😄

Yes, it does resemble the Hoonietruck, no argument from me here. But here's something else it resembles. 

dodge13.jpg

It (as well as the Hoonietruck, to be fair) is resembling 70s NASCAR trucks. If they wanted to resemble the Hoonietruck though, they'd given you the same stuff as on the Felony (turbos etc sticking out of the bonnet) and white/copper wheels or the drag wing. My best guess is that it's an old truck because old trucks, in the US, are cool. Especially drag racing/NASCAR ones from the 70s. If you google "70s drag truck",  "70s nascar truck" or "70s pro street truck", you'll get plenty of similar trucks. Ken Block didn't invent that, Ken Blocks truck is just resembling all the other trucks that were existing decades prior to it. Pro touring trucks existed for decades. 

In closing, i like the WR8 (with an STI shell, i actually am not a fan of Gymkhana stuff), and might end  up with one eventually. But the comparison was pointless from the get go, if you're looking at an XO-1, the alternative isn't a short wheelbase rally RC. Despite being somewhat similar in top speed (the XO-1 even at 52mph still wins though). The alternative would be, as mentioned, Infractions (either 3s or 6s) Felonies or Limitless'. 

7 hours ago, m4inbrain said:

I'm not quite sure which RCs you're comparing here, but not a single statement is correct, except maybe about the looks. 

It's not even close to the same top speed - the WR8 flux does 46mph out of the box. Geared up from 15t to 17t it does 52mph (none included). That's compared to 58mph on the bashing pinion of the Infraction, at 74mph on the "go fast pinion" that's in the box. It also has a considerably shorter wheelbase, so you actually don't want to go anywhere near as fast. And these are figures pulled from youtube videos, this is what people are getting. 

Second, offroad, made me chuckle. I wonder if people see the body of a rally car and go "hm, yeah, that's offroad capable, proper offroader that is" or if they actually just don't realise that the WR8 has almost the same ride height. It can't do grass, much like the Infraction - the offroad capabilities are limited to flat dirt (with no rocks in it) and gravel. Much like the Infraction. Both are "all road vehicles". 

We can argue about looks (subjective) - i like trucks, especially of the 70s/80s, so the Infraction shell suits me. So does the STI shell of the WR8 - but that's it. In terms of capabilities, there's nothing a WR8 does that an Infraction can't. 

In regards to this:

Erm.. The WR8 literally comes as a Gymkhana Fiesta. 😄

Yes, it does resemble the Hoonietruck, no argument from me here. But here's something else it resembles. 

dodge13.jpg

It (as well as the Hoonietruck, to be fair) is resembling 70s NASCAR trucks. If they wanted to resemble the Hoonietruck though, they'd given you the same stuff as on the Felony (turbos etc sticking out of the bonnet) and white/copper wheels or the drag wing. My best guess is that it's an old truck because old trucks, in the US, are cool. Especially drag racing/NASCAR ones from the 70s. If you google "70s drag truck",  "70s nascar truck" or "70s pro street truck", you'll get plenty of similar trucks. Ken Block didn't invent that, Ken Blocks truck is just resembling all the other trucks that were existing decades prior to it. Pro touring trucks existed for decades. 

In closing, i like the WR8 (with an STI shell, i actually am not a fan of Gymkhana stuff), and might end  up with one eventually. But the comparison was pointless from the get go, if you're looking at an XO-1, the alternative isn't a short wheelbase rally RC. Despite being somewhat similar in top speed (the XO-1 even at 52mph still wins though). The alternative would be, as mentioned, Infractions (either 3s or 6s) Felonies or Limitless'. 

Why do you have to take everything i say out of context.,........safe to say myself and kpowell911 were talking about the WR8 Scooby not the fiesta, the scooby will do about 60mph on 3s with 19T pinion, hence simple mod, yes it will do some off road but as a rally car it aint going to a bmx track or rock crawler course is it, more gravel track and woodland path type off road

In my opinion the Traxxass is just terrible, Arrma wins hands down on anything speed related.!! (and maybe the new Hobao)

I'm not an Arrma fanboy, yes I have a fair few of them but currently I can't stand the company and the direction they are heading in.

What with them discontinuing the Rollers and then taking them two years to re-release the 4s lineup, that's not how to win fans !!

Also HPI no matter how cool that Scooby looks at the end of the day it's HPI and their days are done vs the likes of Traxxass and Armma, and on the subject of the new Infraction, for a box stock 3s rig nothing in my opinion can touch it for speed, parts, upgrades, looks etc etc

When I returned to RC a few years ago I re-entered by buying the 3s Arrma Senton and it blew me away at how robust and fast it was out of the box.!!

Edited by BashingBrian