• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

FTX battery charging

Pete 85

Hi, I'm brand new to the RC world so just starting out, so apologies if this question is a stupid one!

I've just bought an FTX Ravine as my first RC car. Tried plugging the USB charger into the wall after connecting it to the Ravine's standard battery, and I'm getting a solid red light. Does this mean it is charging?

Only reason I ask is that the manual states the red light should flash and the green light should be on.

It's brand new straight out of the box, so I don't know if a solid red light is normal or whether the battery is duff? Tried the car out and it is working...

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Hello mate, welcome to the forum  :good:

Yes, I imagine that when the red light is on the battery is charging, and when it turns green it's at full capacity 👍

Hi Pete. 

Also new to this but I wanted to add, I got a ravine yesterday and when mine is on charge the red light is solid and the green flashes and goes solid when fully charged. If I leave the charger plugged in with no battery on it just the red light illuminates. 

• Like 1

On 15/07/2022 at 23:25, Dax Hewitt said:

Hi Pete. 

Also new to this but I wanted to add, I got a ravine yesterday and when mine is on charge the red light is solid and the green flashes and goes solid when fully charged. If I leave the charger plugged in with no battery on it just the red light illuminates. 

Hi Dax. Bizarrely mine just stays solid red whilst charging, and then the light goes out when fully charged (I'm assuming!)

Mine did die on me on literally the 2nd day of use, sent it back and was a receiver issue rather than the battery apparently.

Decent enough things for a budget rc car though.