• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

ARRMA 1/8 Infraction 4X4 3S BLX Resto-Mod RTR

53HRA

Features:

• Two matte and gloss effect print scheme choices
  • Brushless-ready transmission includes strong, metal-geared diffs
  • dBoots Hoons Elevens tires mounted on tough, gunmetal colored wheels
  • Roof skids and roll bars for body protection
  • Tunable high downforce wing
  • Front and rear sway bars
  • Large front foam bumper integrates with body
  • Spektrum Firma 3660 3900kV brushless motor
  • Large rear diffuser reduces turbulence and drag
  • Threaded oil-filled shocks for easy ride height adjustment
  • Spektrum 2.4GHz DX3 Smart DSMR transmitter
  • Spektrum Firma 100A Smart ESC with IC5 connectors
  • 2-year limited warranty

ARA4315-V3-T1-A1-F5-RNJWU8.jpg
ARA4315-V3-T2-A0-F257-MLEZ.jpg

View full news article

Kinda cute actually. Bit on the steep side (£430 i think), but good alternative for people that can't store 1/7th. Part of the reason why i got rid of my Felony - just sucks that these don't have the handbrake.

Not the Felony, it sucks that the small Infraction doesn't have it. I got rid of my Felony because at the time my storage had a DBXL-E 2.0 and the X-Maxx already plus a few 1/8th. 

• Like 1

I might actually get one, need to see a few videos of course but in general i'd like a drifty basher for tarmac. The Typhon 6s on street tyres is fun, but makes only so much sense. 

The original Infraction/Felony are too big, no space for that anymore - this might fit the bill if it turns out proper. I don't think there's much other stuff in this kind of catergory (size)?

• Like 1

Made my mind up. I'll wait until reviews come out to see if something's majorly wrong with them, or if they're solid - if they're solid, it's the next purchase. Yeah, they're slightly overpriced, but i am getting tired of running buggies on road tyres for tarmac bashing, this would sort it. It'll also sort my traction roll issue with my buggies, getting back to a bit of drifting for the first time in like a decade's gonna be fun too. 

Bit gutted about the handbrake, but maybe someone at some point's gonna offer a kit, who knows. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, bertberr said:

I have to say that does look very nice.  Are the stock tyres suitable for a bit of drifting /  4 wheel drift tomfoolery or are they just too sticky?

They are absolutely amazing for drift tomfoolery, that's all i did today lol. They're quite weird, they're pretty sticky if you drive normal, but if you stab the throttle in a corner it comes around immediately and you can hold it nicely. It's super easy too, compared to my original actual drift RC.

After the first 140C 5500mah pack:

gx0v77a.png

That was on particularly bad asphalt though, ours outside the door is rough af. I got roughly 30 minutes of driving out of it, my guess would be that those will last around 5-10 driving hours? 

edit: i will say that after a particularly long drift, you can smell the burnt rubber.. My neighbour loved that one in particular lol.

Edited by m4inbrain
  • Like 3

• 7 months later...

No...thats the 4x4 Mega version. That comes with a brushed motor and ESC and a NiMh battery. The full beans version comes with brushless and a £400 price tag.

You could buy the brushed version and upgrade later though.  Depends if they reduced the spec anywhere else. If you look at the total cost after upgrade, you wont save any cash, but it does mean you can spread the cost. Of course, if you already have suitable batteries etc. that helps too.

On 03/03/2023 at 06:52, Frogeyeddog_95 said:

Any long term thoughts on these? Is it the same model that’s now selling for circa £280? 

Only ran it once since getting it, it's too small for me. It is a lot of fun, but usually i tend to grab my bigger stuff. 

But it's not the £280 version, it's this one.

https://wheelspinmodels.co.uk/i/348061/?o=348093

Could be persuaded to let it go though, for a reasonable price considering the condition.