• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Almost forgot that I’d Ordered This - Tamiya XV-02 Pro Chassis

SWF

15 minutes ago, SWF said:

I’ll post the odd picture as it goes along, if anybody is interested?

Yes please. Will be nice to see how this compares to the XV-01 and the LC Racing PTG-2. 

• Like 2

The XR10 juststock (G2.1 or G3) is cutting it close with a 10.5t motor. I'd run a quicrun 10bl120 with a 10.5t or I'd drop to a 13.5t with a juststock. The juststock can power a 7. 4v high voltage servo which would be nice. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lorrylemming said:

The XR10 juststock (G2.1 or G3) is cutting it close with a 10.5t motor. I'd run a quicrun 10bl120 with a 10.5t or I'd drop to a 13.5t with a juststock. The juststock can power a 7. 4v high voltage servo which would be nice. 

Thanks lorrylemming, quicrun 10bl120 looks to be suitable and good value to boot!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 05/07/2022 at 22:04, SWF said:

Hi

It’s been slow progress to here, as a couple of parts were missing from the kit. The wonderful LHS had this sorted in short order, then work got in the way 😪.

Well  it went together very well, built to the manual, and the suspension feels plush, especially when I compare it to my TT02!

The only upgrade I’ve fitted are a set of alloy wheel hex’s.

Just waiting for the electronics now. It’s designed to take a low profile servo, though standard do fit, I’ve ordered one to make it just so.

There’s a 13.5t Surpass V5R, Hobbywing XR10 Pro Stock Spec and a Savox 2263 servo going in, all on the way as we speak.

Once that’s all done, it’ll be time to pick a body?

Anyway, this is how it looks now.

Cheers

65BCA4A8-1B57-449E-8ADD-6F2736FC45A1.jpeg

Anymore updates? Ive just bought a kit and should be with me tomorrow 👍 

It’s Tamiya PS-48, Semi Gloss Anodised Aluminum, backed with black.

Wanted a reflective look, which appears to have worked a treat!

Cheers.

• Thanks 1

Hi

Just waiting for a bodyshell to paint up as a beater, so that it can be used as intended, can’t bear the thought of trashing the chrome one!

So, I need help?

Ive got the slipper and centre diff but can’t decide which to fit?

Was thinking of fitting the centre diff and the 40 tooth in the front, but maybe should try the slipper first, with the standard 39 at each end, to get an idea of the out of box balance?

If I go with the centre diff, was thinking either f-c-r, 10k-10k-3k or 10k-30k-3k, what do you think?

Tamiya suggest 3k in the centre diff, which sounds a bit thin to me, particularly if one end or other is underdriven.

Got the alloy/adjustable suspension holders too, so lots of adjustments to play with, once I get it running.

All help is much appreciated!

Cheers

Steve

Edited by SWF
Update

Just a note to anyone whom wants to fit the alloy suspension holders, here is a list of the parts, as Tamiya only show  the XH part as being for the XV02.

You need 2 x  22055 (XV02 Aluminium Adjustable Suspension Mount XH), 2 x 54884 (RC Separate Aluminium Suspension Mounts A in blue aluminium) *OR* 54940 (RC Separate Aluminium Suspension Mounts A in brass) and 1 x 53539 (Aluminium Spacer Set).

The part 53539 are alloy spacers which are required, as I found that the arms were too tight with the standard plastic spacers, once the XH (22055) parts were fitted.

I only obtained the 22055 first, then found the other required part numbers on the supplied paperwork.

Parts 53539 and 54884 are on order and should be here later next week.

Hope that helps.

Beater body ready, iPad camera has toned it down a little!

Just got to decide on the slipper or centre diff now, though starting with the slipper and matching  drive ratios at each end is probably the right thing to do, to get a feel for how it is out of the box?

Maiden voyage tomorrow!

1DFFA326-0D46-441F-987A-B4EE9B58E58C.jpeg

• Like 3