• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Newbie RC User - Just Bought a HoBao Hyper 7 as a starter car

TheCatInTheHat

I have the one with the .21 engine rather than the mac.28 that I believe is now available, how much faster would that engine have been?  I'm sure I'll be more than happy either way because as I understand it the basic .21 engine car is more than enough for a first time car.

I'm almost setup ready to start bedding in the engine but the glow plug I have (a fastrax platinum number 4 medium hot) seems to be the wrong gauge and won't screw in to the engine.  Is it the wrong sort?  Do need a tubo plug as the Hyper 21 is a turbo engine?

If anyone could also run me through how to setup suspension spacers (is it as simple as compressing the springs by hand and sliding them in?) then that would be really useful.

I can't wait to get going with this beast!

The thread on the head button/burn room will be tapered if it is for a turbo plug, which you can see more easily if you take the cooling head off.  From what you're saying a standard plug isnt fitting so dont force it. Wasnt it supplied with a turbo plug? The later Hyper engines are using the turbo style plug. To preload the shock spring just push it down by compressing it and fit the plastic clip above.  I think you may need two clips to put sufficient preload so that the suspension arms come back to at least level after being compressed. Speed will generally dictated by max engine rpm and gearing.  Too much power isnt always best in all situations. I would stick to 21 engine and stock gearing and learn to tune after breaking in. Bigger engines will use fuel more quickly and are sometimes not  as driveable in a buggy, but it depends on what you like and where you bash.

• Like 1