• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Hyper 7 engine

stormchaser

Hi everyone, I am looking for a new engine for a hyper 7 and am hoping for a bit of advice as i am new to nitro. I will only be using this for a bit of fun at the park or bmx track etc so wont get used to hard and wont be doing any racing so not looking to spend to much but have been thinking something along the lines of a Force 21 or maybe 28. I have done a bit of research on here and looked at reviews on modelsport and wheelspin models and they seem to have mostly good reviews but thought its worth an ask on here before i buy.

Would these Force  engines be ok for a newbie to nitro and not to problematic or hard to tune or hold a tune? Or is there any other engines i should look at? Also should i go for a 21 over the 28 or vise versa?

Being new to nitro i really want something that's  easy to tune etc. 🙂

21 engine is  perfectly fine in Hyper 7. I've run both 21 and 28 and prefer 21, as it drives better with more controllable power. Never had a Force engine but they should be fine. There are other engines, not so much choice these days, but depends on your budget, maybe Fastrax Enduro, SH 21.

Force 28 engine is easy to tune and reliable. Smaller ones are available. Have a 28 and a 35 in my Savages and they are superb.

Enjoy.

1 hour ago, locky said:

21 engine is  perfectly fine in Hyper 7. I've run both 21 and 28 and prefer 21, as it drives better with more controllable power. Never had a Force engine but they should be fine. There are other engines, not so much choice these days, but depends on your budget, maybe Fastrax Enduro, SH 21.

Thanks for reply, have seen quite a few posts saying 21 is ideal for a buggy  and 28 better for truggy maybe. Thanks i will take a look at the other engines 👍

1 hour ago, Gouldie62 said:

Force 28 engine is easy to tune and reliable. Smaller ones are available. Have a 28 and a 35 in my Savages and they are superb.

Enjoy.

Thanks for reply, have seen a few reviews saying the same and being a nitro newbie i am definitely looking for easy as possible to tune while i learn ha ha . Thanks for your help