• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Traxxas TRX-6 Ultimate RC Hauler

53HRA

Features 
* Wheelbase – 23.7″
* LED lighting
* Realistic tow bed
* Molded side mirrors
* Unique bumpers
* Extended steel chassis
* Detailed big rig wheels
* Remote locking diffs
* High/low transmission
* Portal style axles
* GTS aluminum shocks
* 3S power system
* TQi radio system with cruise control
* Waterproof electronics
* And much more!!

View full news article

• Like 2

Agree Jack is it a crawler or transporter ?

I like my 6 with the Merc body but lot folks say they hated that body so maybe Traxxas trying to placate them and hoping they buy it ?

• Like 2

:insane: :insane:
oh my! I need one of these in my life! My lad sent me a pic last night and was impressed.

was never a fan of the Mercedes (unless it could be the one from Jurassic world), this looks awesome.

According to the specs it's about 15cm more between the front and middle axle than the G63. 

Like Nick says, it's a pity the bed doesn't tilt but there's plenty of space to fit some sort of mechanism if it could be made to work. 

On 16/06/2022 at 09:50, Nick said:

Disappointed that the loader doesn't tip (if they are suppose to or not on real thing?), that would be cool

The bed slides back and tilts on 1:1 rigs, couple of review vids mention that - Skip to 4:55
I think the Harley review mentions loading a car by reversing up to a similar height ledge 😆

On 16/06/2022 at 09:50, Nick said:

https://www.modelsport.co.uk/product/1345255

I believe it's a limited run.

Disappointed that the loader doesn't tip (if they are suppose to or not on real thing?), that would be cool. Looks great though, just not for that dollar.

Wasn't the Snap-on version  a limited edituon in the states only? 

The way they seem to be marketing this makes me think it is a permanent addition to the range. 

Looking on YouTube a tilting bed is do-able

9 hours ago, m4inbrain said:

Sigh.. If i hadn't just bought a Mini 3 Pro, i'd be all over this. At least my TF2 would have a purpose then as shelf bedqueen. 

I've been hunting down a Mini 3 Pro for weeks! Are they any good? I'm waiting for someone to stock them again!

11 minutes ago, Nick said:

I've been hunting down a Mini 3 Pro for weeks! Are they any good? I'm waiting for someone to stock them again!

I got mine from Argos on release day - the last one. 😄

Love mine. The gimbal protector is naff (fiddly), but apart from that the drone is simply amazing. Do not regret it one bit. @mydoddy69 has one too. 

I know there are understandably a lot of comments about the bed not tilting.  Yes, it would have been nice but also rather pricey to implement as standard.  Maybe later there will be an upgrade kit.  However, for a truck like this I would have at least liked to have seen a moulded grille rather than a flat decal.  That surely would have been fairly easy to do.  As for some of the window decals that have been appearing on some models recently...

• Like 1

I don't think it'd be that expensive, unless you go full ham and use £150 linear actuators. You could, for example, have a servo lift the bed by a few degrees at the front to allow the bed to "slide into a cam/groove" (i know what i mean, just having a hard time explaining it), then use simply an electric motor (rack and pinion) to push it back and forth (with a roller on the frame at the lever point). Once you push it forward enough, it "slides off the cam/groove" and gets locked. Maybe you'd need a small clip to prevent the bed bouncing up and down when driving, that's fair, but generally it wouldn't be hundreds of pounds to make that happen. It's a slightly different mold, a small electric motor and servo, all in all maybe £50. For Traxxas, of course. 

Of course, using linear actuators, hydraulics or pneumatics would be incredibly expensive.