• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Corally Kronos xtr my thoughts/progress thread.

Iv has this corally Kronos xtr for two weeks now and thought it was time to start a progress thread with some thoughts of the RC. Iv ran roughly 15-20 packs through it so far. These have got some seriously negative reviews on YouTube so I thought I'd give my honest unbiased opinion. 

At the time I purchased the improved 2022 version was available at £400 but I opted for the 2021 version which was on sale at modelsport for £299, I don't really jump or skatepark my rc's so the £100 saving was appealing. 

Electrics used are the max8 2200kv combo and a power hd 32kg servo. 

IMG20220601111624.jpg

IMG20220601153143.jpg

IMG20220601113441.jpg

IMG20220603101313.jpg

Edited by tanveer
  • Like 3

Installing the electrics was a breeze, the esc tray has mounting holes which line up with my max8 esc so it bolted into place perfectly. 

First problem was the servo saver was so loose from the factory that my front wheels would not turn at all. Basically the whole front has to come apart to tighten the saver screw properly. But once it had been tightened it hasn't given me any problems. 

IMG20220603150447.jpg

IMG20220603150451.jpg

IMG20220603160852.jpg

• Like 3

You really don't need to strip anything off to tighten the servo saver, there is a little hole in the chassis, stick something through it and lock it against the red nut, then turn the wheels either way to tighten/loosen it, then repeat until you're happy.

10 minutes ago, Darren Frosty said:

You really don't need to strip anything off to tighten the servo saver, there is a little hole in the chassis, stick something through it and lock it against the red nut, then turn the wheels either way to tighten/loosen it, then repeat until you're happy.

Tried that, was scratching up the red nut and not really doing anything. That was the recommended way to do it. There's a thread about it on another forum, not many people have luck doing it that way

First couple of runs went absolutely faultless, just running around the local park with a few jumps here or there, I'm only running it on 4s as it seems plenty and more for the bashing I'm doing. Has ran about 10 4s packs through it over the space of a weekend at this point. Extremely impressed with it so far, has by far enough exceeded my expectations. I wasn't expecting much from this, going off of the reviews. 

IMG20220607124022.jpg

IMG20220604203711.jpg

IMG20220606140610.jpg

• Like 3

Yeh they get slated on youtube and some reviewers go out there way to deliberately break them but in all honesty my son and i both find them really good and robust trucks that are awesome on 4s :good:

Check out some of Yrkoons vids in the Kronos section and his is the original V1 version

Edited by Stormbringer
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Stormbringer said:

Corally customer srrvice is really good 👍 

It really is, the guy who dealt with my problem was Stefan. He went above and beyond in helping me get the problem sorted. He ran me through various things it could be and offered replacement parts where necessary. 

• Like 2

yup as aj says stefan is big boss man and gives out awesome customer service, i sent a link to my brushed triton running on brushless to them when enquiring about something else and stefan got back to me and told me to replace 2 bushings in the gear box since im running brushless and gave me the dimensions of the bearings, corally really are an awesome company to deal with 🙂

• Like 1