• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Losi 22s sct no grip and spinning out all the time

Last year a bought a losi 22s  sct ,  I has a castle brushless motor 3800kv motor in it running on 2s, I do not know what it wrong with this thing ,it is all over the place, on tarmac, grass and on the beach, at first I tought it was the stock tires that where rubbish, so  I bought new tires for it an put some thicker oil in the diff, but it still drives like a turd, gave it a spin on the beacht today, and tested it on grass, a little throttle and it goes sideways, even when Iam genty on the throttle and in a straight line it just spins out.

I don't know ho to solve it, the diff works fine and is nothing wrong with it, I do not wan't to try out a bunch of tires and other stuff to make it better, maybe some one over here have  a solution fot it.

I run a lot of 2 wheels drive cars on the beach a lot of tamiya buggies,  I have a brushless hpi jumpshot mt that drives great, and I had a serpent 2wd sct that I had no problems with grip, even a brushless madbull is easier to handle on the beach then the Losi, so to me it is a little strange that is runs that bad, when I watch movies on youtube it runs.

good.

I ask myself why I bought it, because I sold my serpent sct because of the parachute effect off the body, today with a little wind on the beach the car tries to fly away with a little speed, maybe it is just better to take my loss and sell it.

I don't pretend to be an RC chassis expert, in fact quite the opposite... but I thought that adding thicker oil to the diff is only going to make your problem worse.  My understanding is the less grip / traction you have the less weight you want diff oil wise, and vica versa when running on high grip like carpet, you can go heavier on the diff oil.  may have got that the wrong way round, but then I'm a basher not a racer.  I am, however, having similar issues with my 2WD Blitz SCT right now, and started a thread just recently on it in General RC.  Take a look, a few good suggestions from peeps on there.  Have you tried softening up the rear end, and increasing rear toe?

maybe it is just this type of rc that struggles on loose surfaces with the tires just not wide enough to get the traction on a 2 wheel drive, I am thinking to try out some truck tires from my hpi jumpshot mt and see what it does, maybe then change the body and wheels , or sell it because I do not want to put a lot off money in it, and I have enough rc car that I like.

I had a serpent sct 2 wheel drive, never had problems with traction but I only drove it on tarmac with the louise rocket tires, never on the beach, so I can not compare.

Edited by No brains