• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Lipo dead?

noddy_2121

Hi all,

Trying to charge / balance my 2s lipo batteries and getting the following error…

Battery check. Over Voltage.

I haven’t used the batteries for 2 years. I thought I put them in storage mode but maybe didn’t.

Do I have a couple of dead lipos?

If so, can anyone suggest a good replacement please? Nothing too expensive.

Thanks in advance.

AD22BB95-952B-4C5E-AC32-BE1412E75A3A.jpeg

5 minutes ago, Bajadre said:

over voltage usually comes in when uve set the wrong cell size too buddy or wrong mah  is it defo on 2s (7.4v-8.4v) 

it is yeah, iv checked and checked the settings on the overlander and defo correct.

also just totally drained the batteries. Still the same 😞

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, vinniejones said:

i have had this where it wouldnt charge saying over voltage and it was the balance lead that wasnt connecting properly

Ah ok, I really hope it’s this! What can I check? Try? Please.

1 minute ago, noddy_2121 said:

I haven’t but I shall try 

have a look on youtube as that helped me out when i had a problem with one of my lipos. i just cant fully remember the details. i think when you put it on nicd charge mode, you dont use the balance lead.

1 minute ago, noddy_2121 said:

mmmm seems to be doing something 😊

B295DD42-F545-4429-94FB-89E928265EEF.jpeg

thats great!

another thing that i did too is charge it above 3v each cell then put it back to lipo charge.

Re read the cell voltage as you just need to get them >3.0V per cell, otherwise most lipo chargers wont start charging.  I suspect the battery isnt in good condition if its reading <3v per cell after 2 years storage.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, locky said:

Re read the cell voltage as you just need to get them >3.0V per cell, otherwise most lipo chargers wont start charging.  I suspect the battery isnt in good condition if its reading <3v per cell after 2 years storage.

It now seems to be charging on the 2s lipo setting… after using the NiCd setting to get the cells above 3v.

• Like 2