• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Recommend me some on-road SC tyres please

bertberr

Been using the Blitz quite a bit recently on concrete / tarmac, and I'm finding it near impossible to keep it in a straight line under hard acceleration, and this is in the dry...  Admittedly this is using various different off-road tyres though I did just try some (old) road tyres/wheels from my 1/8 buggies, on 12-17mm adapters, and they were just as bad.  I'm not referring to spinning out in turns (it does do this too), but more when you pin it from a standstill, or even a rolling start, just no traction? 

I've softened the rear end a bit, and put in the 3 degree rear toe block, but not much better, reckon its got to be the tyres.  But which ones to go for?  Must be SCT fit i.e. 2.2/3.0.

Truck is running a Mamba Max Pro with a Hobbywing 3656 4 pole 4700kv can on 2S.

Look at the duratrax bandito/louise rocket tires, very good tires for onroad, I had them on my serpent sct  driving on dusty parking lots, and tarmac, the tires have a lot of grip an last a long time do not wear quick,  and I just had to be gently on the trigger because of wheelies so no lack of grip.

https://www.louiserc.eu/Pick-by-Car/ASSOCIATED/SC10/Louise-RC-SC-ROCKET-1-10-Short-Course-Tire-Set-Mounted-Soft-Black-Wheels-Asso-SC10-4X4-L-T3154SBAA/

• 2 weeks later...