• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Thoughts on the new ReRe Schumacher Cougar?

bertberr

• 3 weeks later...

I used to run a Cougar for a while around 1992 and it was a great car. So it was a no-brainer for me to order this re-re as soon as it was announced. It arrived yesterday. The kit looks very good and appears to be great value for money at £199. I've started the build and it's going together nicely though nowhere near completion yet. I like the way the components required for each step in the manual are individually bagged so no sorting screws or cutting bits off trees. I have an LRP 14T brushed motor and speed controller ready to go into it similar to what I had in the original. It's going to be fun going back down memory lane.

• Like 1

Completed my chassis build and electronics of my Schumacher Cougar Classic this afternoon, just the bodyshell to do. Not a bad build, went together quite nicely with just a couple of fiddly hiccups. Brought back memories as I run one of these back in ’92/93. I enjoyed it then and I’ll enjoy it again in my 70th year. I did apply a number of hop-ups, Pro transmission, alloy belt tensioner eccentrics, alloy battery posts, titanium turnbuckles, JC Racing spoked wheels and Schumacher mini-dart tyres. Body will be black/neon yellow so it will look exactly like mine was back in the day.

Electronics is LRP 14T motor, Hobbywing 1060 esc, Savox SC-1252MG servo, Absima receiver and Centro 5000 2s 100c shorty. Not tried it in anger yet just set it up and tested.

552871066_cougar2@0_5x.thumb.jpg.5015b4cee2478657ccedf81d5b12cef8.jpg

1503489978_cougar1@0_5x.thumb.jpg.3d8c8ed12070b9b84eae83e221788065.jpg

• Like 2

Lovely looking buggy that, you've done a great job with the shell, looks very early 90s with all that neon yellow!  Very tempted by one, just know at the back of my mind that I should be freeing up some space not adding to it...

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Have not come across castle to 12mm hex adapters yet so using castle 2.2 wheels from JC Racing which will take any tyres you care to throw at them. I didn't like the standard wheels and tyres with the kit so changed them out immediately. Currently have Schumacher cut staggers on the front and mini-pins on the rear and handling well.