• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

AJ’s Kraton 8s EXB

.AJ.

Am I reading that right, that bash bar weighs over 1/2 a kilo..!!!

That Ti bar will be amazing for sparks.. ( I have Scorched Ti skid and it's awesome )

My Outcast M2C chassis with all the braces only weighs 985g, stock was 794g..!!

IMG_8389-down.jpg

Edited by BashingBrian
  • Like 2

Lipos arrived 

405-A8-F1-A-6673-42-FA-901-C-29-A568-FF4

Plugged them in the esc/servo started playing up, the servo was glitching and making the esc reboot, very strange because I had tested it all with 4 and 6s, I gave the throttle a bit of gas and one of the lipo connectors started smoking, it seems the power was going through the anti spark resistance side of the connector and not making full contact on the full power side, anyway after the smoke cleared I plugged it all back in and it now works perfect 🤣🤣🤣

I did read of something similar on the Arrma forum and they concluded the connectors can’t have been fully pushed home, I’m pretty sure they were in my case…  Strange 😂

• Like 2

1 hour ago, .AJ. said:

Lipos arrived 

405-A8-F1-A-6673-42-FA-901-C-29-A568-FF4

Plugged them in the esc/servo started playing up, the servo was glitching and making the esc reboot, very strange because I had tested it all with 4 and 6s, I gave the throttle a bit of gas and one of the lipo connectors started smoking, it seems the power was going through the anti spark resistance side of the connector and not making full contact on the full power side, anyway after the smoke cleared I plugged it all back in and it now works perfect 🤣🤣🤣

I did read of something similar on the Arrma forum and they concluded the connectors can’t have been fully pushed home, I’m pretty sure they were in my case…  Strange 😂

Jesus not what you need after paying that! Hopefully theres no lasting damage

All seems fine, I’ve given it the full beans while holding it in the air, no issues apart from ungluing a front tyre 😂

I’m sure I plugged the connectors in properly, but I guess I was wrong, ive managed to replicate the fault again, so knowing what caused it, I’m now happy it won’t happen again 👍 

1-DD0-CAEF-896-E-4227-A9-EE-45-B92339172

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, .AJ. said:

All seems fine, I’ve given it the full beans while holding it in the air, no issues apart from ungluing a front tyre 😂

I’m sure I plugged the connectors in properly, but I guess I was wrong, ive managed to replicate the fault again, so knowing what caused it, I’m now happy it won’t happen again 👍 

1-DD0-CAEF-896-E-4227-A9-EE-45-B92339172

Looking clean as bro

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, .AJ. said:

Cheers, she’s now ready for a rip at the weekend 👍 

Still kick myself for missing Mydoddys. Came at a rare time where I had the funds there too. Got the UDR but we will see

• Like 2

Will do, but I’ve just looked at the forecast and the weather is meant to be rubbish this weekend, I’m not running it in the wet first bash 😂

• Haha 1

Ive became such a servo snob regarding speed. I have to be below 0.10. My UDR has a brand new £70 Savox in it thats perfectly fine, but feels too slow so Im looking at upgrading, even with the comedy servo saver!

• Haha 3

7 minutes ago, .AJ. said:

The front mud guards did a awesome job of keeping the insides clean 

E53-E543-B-D01-D-4-FF9-803-C-6-FC9725-BB

State of the fan 😂

D46-E8840-9-F38-4-DAD-8-AD5-77-D07-B1-FD

Looks good fun, Was it just the shock of the landings that did the blades or did some debris get in there?

• Like 1