• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

AJ’s Kraton 8s EXB

.AJ.

Ive became such a servo snob regarding speed. I have to be below 0.10. My UDR has a brand new £70 Savox in it thats perfectly fine, but feels too slow so Im looking at upgrading, even with the comedy servo saver!

• Haha 3

7 minutes ago, .AJ. said:

The front mud guards did a awesome job of keeping the insides clean 

E53-E543-B-D01-D-4-FF9-803-C-6-FC9725-BB

State of the fan 😂

D46-E8840-9-F38-4-DAD-8-AD5-77-D07-B1-FD

Looks good fun, Was it just the shock of the landings that did the blades or did some debris get in there?

• Like 1

I’ve picked up a smaller pinion and some shrink tube to add a bit more protection to the lipos 

AD976-A4-C-44-C9-42-F9-9477-D69-FF72-B7-

But having thought about the gearing ive decided to put the 47t spur back on and keep the 30t pinion, I was running similar gearing on my 5ive B and I never thought to myself it was slow, also I can turn the punch up higher and it should help increase the run time. Tbh I thought the gearing recommend to me was miles off going by my previous experience of largescale brushless and I would rather have torque than a pointlessly high top speed anyway 👍 

18-BE6-F1-C-5916-493-C-B313-DA6-D94-FAFE

• Like 2

Personally I think the 47T is more suited to the O8s, I spoke with Stewart at LogicRC one day and he said Arrma gave two options on spurs because of the two different styles of 8s trucks.

With that Leopard motor you've got, it should easily do 30/39T without getting too hot.. ( it is the 113mm can ?? )

Here's my O8s setup, I have a shorter motor than you though (TpPower 56x92mm) Real world speed with that gearing on short grass was 51mph recorded on SkyRc gps, I'm not running any fans on the motor either and the temps were all good. I am still experimenting with gearing myself and was thinking of trying the 39T spur 🤣

image.thumb.png.d35a3792cf2983b8cd7d9cbe533ecc6e.png

Regarding the broken fan, I posted about it on Arrma Forum and got a great tip from one of the members on there…

There is a fix for this! Sadly the blades can contact the cover on landings and tear blades off.. I have seen people put a screw right through the top of the cover to limit upward blade travel. In my case I just glued a small spacer to the top of my replacement fan.

2-CF6-C645-227-B-47-B6-A6-BB-FF086813-D3

• Like 1