• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

AJ’s Kraton 8s EXB

.AJ.

Busted out the new soldering iron

C937-DAF0-F250-4-F1-F-B2-B6-B0-B25853148

It whizzed through soldering up the big QS8 connectors and 8mm bullets without breaking sweat, I do need different shrink tube on the 8mm bullets, the only stuff I had was just a bit to big is baggy around the cables 👍 

• Like 2

On 08/06/2022 at 18:57, .AJ. said:

Should be a lively truck 😂

09056-E24-4663-48-B3-B6-E0-E3-D48-E0909-

I was told I could use up to a 34t pinion if I ran motor fans 😂 

@.AJ. you have a name/link for that gearing app please..

I find it's more difficult to get the gearing right with these because of the transfer/reduction gearbox..

On my Outcast 8s I'm running TpPower / Max5 with 30T pinion / 47T spur but people keep telling me to try the smaller spur.. 

I kept the larger spur because, let's be honest you don't want a 60+mph 1/5 truck flying around..!! I just wanted plenty of torque and acceleration.

Also my setup requires no extra fans..

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, BashingBrian said:

@.AJ. you have a name/link for that gearing app please..

I find it's more difficult to get the gearing right with these because of the transfer/reduction gearbox..

On my Outcast 8s I'm running TpPower / Max5 with 30T pinion / 47T spur but people keep telling me to try the smaller spur.. 

I kept the larger spur because, let's be honest you don't want a 60+mph 1/5 truck flying around..!! I just wanted plenty of torque and acceleration.

Also my setup requires no extra fans..

The App is called “Gear Speed”, I had to get help with the trans ratio from a guy off one of the Arrma FB groups because I couldn’t work it out  😂 

I also made a mistake with the wheel size, the EXB has bigger wheels than the normal Kraton, I used all the guys numbers as a starting point and didn’t realised till after.

Theres a good thread on 8s gearing on Arrma forum and everyone pretty much agreed 34/39 was the max for the 1050kv with motor fans and 30/39 without 👍 

• Like 1

Am I reading that right, that bash bar weighs over 1/2 a kilo..!!!

That Ti bar will be amazing for sparks.. ( I have Scorched Ti skid and it's awesome )

My Outcast M2C chassis with all the braces only weighs 985g, stock was 794g..!!

IMG_8389-down.jpg

Edited by BashingBrian
  • Like 2

Lipos arrived 

405-A8-F1-A-6673-42-FA-901-C-29-A568-FF4

Plugged them in the esc/servo started playing up, the servo was glitching and making the esc reboot, very strange because I had tested it all with 4 and 6s, I gave the throttle a bit of gas and one of the lipo connectors started smoking, it seems the power was going through the anti spark resistance side of the connector and not making full contact on the full power side, anyway after the smoke cleared I plugged it all back in and it now works perfect 🤣🤣🤣

I did read of something similar on the Arrma forum and they concluded the connectors can’t have been fully pushed home, I’m pretty sure they were in my case…  Strange 😂

• Like 2

1 hour ago, .AJ. said:

Lipos arrived 

405-A8-F1-A-6673-42-FA-901-C-29-A568-FF4

Plugged them in the esc/servo started playing up, the servo was glitching and making the esc reboot, very strange because I had tested it all with 4 and 6s, I gave the throttle a bit of gas and one of the lipo connectors started smoking, it seems the power was going through the anti spark resistance side of the connector and not making full contact on the full power side, anyway after the smoke cleared I plugged it all back in and it now works perfect 🤣🤣🤣

I did read of something similar on the Arrma forum and they concluded the connectors can’t have been fully pushed home, I’m pretty sure they were in my case…  Strange 😂

Jesus not what you need after paying that! Hopefully theres no lasting damage

All seems fine, I’ve given it the full beans while holding it in the air, no issues apart from ungluing a front tyre 😂

I’m sure I plugged the connectors in properly, but I guess I was wrong, ive managed to replicate the fault again, so knowing what caused it, I’m now happy it won’t happen again 👍 

1-DD0-CAEF-896-E-4227-A9-EE-45-B92339172

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, .AJ. said:

All seems fine, I’ve given it the full beans while holding it in the air, no issues apart from ungluing a front tyre 😂

I’m sure I plugged the connectors in properly, but I guess I was wrong, ive managed to replicate the fault again, so knowing what caused it, I’m now happy it won’t happen again 👍 

1-DD0-CAEF-896-E-4227-A9-EE-45-B92339172

Looking clean as bro

• Like 2