• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Arrma Senton 6s - never drives straight

Morning,

i read a thread on here but cant find it now.

So….. What metal turnbuckle do i need to purchase to help keep it straight.

Tarmac, grass or dirt it is just a nightmare, son has a Dr8 and it seems fine.

Any other tips? To old for this( let son drive), tyres or another upgrade?

ta

I have know idea😃 What would you suggest? I will try and change.

New to the RC hobby, normally son drives/smashes and I repair. Enjoying the repair/upgrade side. 

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks, this is the answer i was wanting 

we have s new 35kg servo that was going in the DR8, will swap for the senton.

also, any alternative wheel/tyres to install?

rear ripped of both tyres yesterday. Looks like have perished as a bit was ledt with glue on the wheel

• Thanks 1

There's different types of oil weights, CST and WT. I work with WT, 100k or 200k for the centre. 500k WT will be to stiff. However, 500k CST will be much thinner, so that might also work. 

A fast, high torque, servo will help you control the car, as long as there's no lag in the radio gear. 

You can also cheat and fit a gyro to help you. 

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, rccar4life said:

35KG servo is awsome,  the stronger the better to these insane fast 6s rigs.

if you crash in 60mph  you want atleast 30kg servo, 35kg is better.

You can not have too strong servo to these beasts.

20KG servo is easy destroy in 60mph crash,    35kg is alot harder to destroy,  mostly it will survive hard crashes. and stronger servos also

last longer always. Important that they are Digital also,  the stock senton servos is analog and slow, it sucks totally.

Important is set END POINTS right

this is the only important thing , to have long lasting servo

There is companies that use only WT also.

This is not easy every time.

I mean anyways CST  

here you have great oils cheap,   buy only two bottles,   one for center, one for rear,  the front diff oil you mix bottle 1 and 2  50/50 and add it in front diff 👌

center diff

https://www.modelsport.co.uk/product/core-rc-silicone-diff-oil-300k-300-000-cst-60ml--366832

or

https://www.modelsport.co.uk/product/core-rc-silicone-diff-oil-500k-500-000-cst-60ml--1341795

i would choose  300k  actually ,  the first one.   500k is better 2 rigs with big wheels like Kraton.

In Senton 6s 300k will be perfect

Rear diff

https://www.modelsport.co.uk/product/core-rc-silicone-diff-oil-60k-60-000-cst-60ml--1341791

Front diff   50/50 of both center and rear diff oil,  it will be about 100k +     

This will work beatiful,  and you only need buy 2bottles   2 types, and get 3 different thicknesses because the 50/50 trick,    and this is not 100% accurate, you will be fine

if you do 55/45 % mix also.  Dont worry.

The most important is that Center diff is 300k atleast

and that front diff oil is thicker than rear.

wheels/tires recommend:

17mm 1/8 buggy wheels are best for senton 6s

if you ask me

Because they are cheap and easy find

these are my new favorite wheels allround driving

https://www.modelsport.co.uk/product/jetko-1-8-buggy-extreme-tyre-tomahawk-belted-on-black-rim-2--1337894

they are belted,   super nice

takes alot insane 6s beating  easy

long lasting,   GREAT Price,  awsome wheels,   super strong 💯  ❣️

i have run these  now 5 packs 6200mah  6s, and i love them already alot

you need try them ,  alot better than stock junk

jk1501rbmsgb-1.jpg.b25c029f9b15c70a60af0a26e9b42a47.jpg

I drive like a maniac, full send

Then also you must try these cheap wheels at SandBeach summertime, or in snow winter time PADDLEs

https://www.modelsport.co.uk/product/fastrax-1-8-paddle-mounted-on-8-spoke-black-pr--421229

fast1025b.jpg.3ab9b6b88fbe11e10da4c86312ffe9b0.jpg

Last but not lease 

this cover is awsome.  the senton is a dirt wacuum collector

https://www.modelsport.co.uk/product/dusty-motors-arrma-senton-6s-shock-covers-not-included-black-443827

Saves centerdriveline bearings,  electronics,  fans,  best item ever to these cars

dustymotorsblack-ns.jpg.f30b668805f9cd1e36343f94c4ff92fb.jpg

Good luck, have a great summer

here you have one great video about diff oil changes in these type of diffs  ,   typhon, senton, kraton etc   6s 

remember also change shock oils, this is important,  

• 2 weeks later...

Changed the front diff oil/sludge but cant get the cover back on. The four screws will not lube up, can 1/2 at best. Any tips on get the car back together?

also, when i push the car foward the front wheels are moving back wards.

have i got something the ering way round?

after watching that video and i dont mean to be mean but ill try a bit more throttle control alba before you start spending loads takes a while to get used to loose surfaces like that. gentle power build up will do wonders for you around that track i bet👍 every time we go to new track am the same til you find the bite piont etc give it a go brother and let us know how you get on see with pump tracks smooth is fast gunning it will get no where trust me .those tracks are designed to flow for bmxs and they pump instead of pedaling  most bmxers only pedal on the start section then pump with there legs  over the jumps to keep a flow same with a rc on that kind of surface if your spinning out alot on the berms and corners same ideal 

Edited by Bajadre

No need to be so nasty 😃

That makes sense, i can ride the track better than drive it 😃

The other thing I forgot when comparing the cars was that the DR8 has 2x2s so another reason why its easier to drive than the senton on 2x3s.

still cant get the diff turning the right though.

wish i had left it as it was

• Like 1

The other thing I forgot when comparing the cars was that the DR8 has 2x2s so another reason why its easier to drive than the senton on 2x3s.

tolallly agree on that brother 6s is a handful on loose tracks 4s is the sweet spot 👍

• Like 2

Rccar4life

Thanks again for you advice, i will video when I get back in the garage. I have taken apart, and repacked twice now but still the front wheels turn backwards when pushing along floor🥴

but the velcro on the batteries is amazing. Son rolled the DR8 repeatedly today and we never had to struggle getting the body of to re set the them.

• Like 1