• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Traxxas Rally Fiesta

Cuiken

My rally obsession continues.

Anyone got any experience of the Traxxas Fiesta? Almost too large to be a 1/8th but still appeals.

• 2 weeks later...
On 22/05/2022 at 17:58, Cuiken said:

My rally obsession continues.

Anyone got any experience of the Traxxas Fiesta? Almost too large to be a 1/8th but still appeals.

I have bought myself one for my birthday but it's not until the end of June so it's put away until then.I have an arrma 3s system to put in it.

Love to know how you get on with that. Arrma 3S system should be ideal.

The brushed setup that comes in the car looks utterly underwhelming 🙂 

I am going to fit a 25th pinion and 2s lipo so my boy can have a go with it brushed but them I will switch out the brushed gear.I have a few other bits put away for it aswell🙂

• 5 weeks later...
7 hours ago, BashingBrian said:

Any update on this ??

Is it worth £300 ??

That's a hard one.I have only had it out once.Handles very well and looks really good but obviously being brushed it's slow but my son loved it.I already have a 3s brushless system to put in it but if you don't have a spare system sitting around I don't know but to me it's deffinatley worth £300.Hope that helps.

• Thanks 1

I have a spare 4s system laying around, not too sure if the drivetrain will handle 4s though ( could always run it on 3s )

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't it basically a 4WD Slash with narrow arms ??

@Kpowell911 you're an experienced Traxxas guy, what are your thoughts on this car ??

Cheers👍🏼

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, BashingBrian said:

I have a spare 4s system laying around, not too sure if the drivetrain will handle 4s though ( could always run it on 3s )

@Kpowell911 you're an experienced Traxxas guy, what are your thoughts on this car ??

Cheers👍🏼

Yes its basically a lcg slash with shorted arms and driveshafts.I am going to get the centre diff for mine as it has the better pitch gears for brushless and from what I have read that's all that's really needed.

7 hours ago, BashingBrian said:

Cheers👍🏼

Drivetrain will handle it with upgrades, its basically a SWB Slash with narrow arms. Youll need to look at the driveshafts. I ran Revo spurs in mine 4s Slash, which were mod 1.

Ive never had one, because they seem a bit pricey for how limited they are. I’ll definitely end up with one eventually I think, or just build one up from parts

Edited by Kpowell911

I have the 17mm hex conversion on order for mine so I can run 1/8th buggy wheels and tyres for more off road capability.I am going to order the sway bar kit aswell as have read it works well on the rally.

Mate, if you want to sell the original wheels/tyres, I’d be very interested.

I love my rally, same body as yours @martin34 but have gone mad, it’s got full rpm arms/hubs with a alloy motor mount and a hobbywing max10 but just not gotten round to using it yet….

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Gaz! said:

I love my rally, same body as yours @martin34 but have gone mad, it’s got full rpm arms/hubs with a alloy motor mount and a hobbywing max10 but just not gotten round to using it yet….

Thanks for the offer of buying the stockers but I want to keep them aswell so I can have an on road and off road set.Your rally sounds very nice👍.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Gaz! said:

This platform goes so well with the Max 10SCT/3200kv combo

• Like 2

I think all the slash parts fit.The arms and driveshafts will make the wheels stick out from the body tho.Mines still brushed so my boy can enjoy it for a bit but after I convert it I will probably run 2s.On the Facebook group some run 6s but that's speed runs and not bashing.

• Like 1

‘Most’ Slash 4x4 parts fit. The arms/camber links/steering links are obviously narrower, and the chassis/centre driveshaft is shorter. 

A 4074 motor should fit, but youll have to relocate the ESC/RX Box, as obviously theres less space on the SWB Chassis. You can fit an E Revo  mod 1 spur gear, so can then run 5mm pinions.

The VXL System is bonkers on 3S, so anything similar will be great. A Max 10 SCT/3200KV Combo on 3s is perfect, or you can run a 4068 2650kv motor with a 150a ESC on 4S which was my go to. Cheap 150a Quicrun and a Black Can motor. Just bare in mind youll have to get creative with ESC location.

This is a great buy IMO

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/203971340162?hash=item2f7da3a782:g:9RQAAOSw5FBiY9-e

Snap On edition,  decent upgrades and VXL system

Edited by Kpowell911
  • Like 2

Are you sure it has a swb chassis?The part number for the rally and slash lcg  chassis are the same and I have the slash ali centre driveshaft and chassis brace and they are a direct fit?

4 hours ago, martin34 said:

Are you sure it has a swb chassis?The part number for the rally and slash lcg  chassis are the same and I have the slash ali centre driveshaft and chassis brace and they are a direct fit?

Oh i might be wrong then. I thought it was a Rustler Chassis. The brace does fit both SWB and LWB as it can be mounted different ways with the plastic mount

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Kpowell911 said:

Oh i might be wrong then. I thought it was a Rustler Chassis. The brace does fit both SWB and LWB as it can be mounted different ways with the plastic mount

Yep it came with both but on the rally you use the slash mount.Well I am 99% sure I used the slash mount.I will confirm when I get home from work but I deffinatley have the slash drive shaft.

Can someone who owns one please weigh it for me ??

How many mods/upgrades do you think it would need to run on 4s without breaking every two minutes ??

I really like this Fiesta but the more I look at it, it just makes more sense to just buy a Radix 6s and put a rally body on it..!!

Edited by BashingBrian