• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Confused about my hyper 21 3 port!!

Good afternoon,

I’ve recently been having a problem with the head not seating on the block probably and spitting fuel out the side!

Once I get it running, (even on factory settings) it seems to run very lean.

I’ve tried re-seating the head a couple of times but it just doesn’t quite sit flush.

Btw this engine was bought used in unknown condition.

I have been contemplating buying a new piston and liner but they seem to be in good condition. I have no clue why the glow plug plate doesn’t quite sit flush with the top of the block.
I have simply run out of ideas and any help is massively appreciated!!

Thanks!!!

First thing I would wonder is whether it's the right head for the motor.

Secondly, is the liner seated properly? Normally, the head sits in a slight recess to get a good seal. If hte liner isn't sat right, the cooling head won;t sit right either.

Doesn;t take much of a gap to lose compression, and it simply won;t run right, as you have a massive air leak there, blowing out fuel and sucking in air when the piston should be shoving fuel mix up the transfer ports. You have no chance of getting it to run right until you sort the leak.

Screw the cooling head buttons loosely first then tighten one after the other going to opposite side. Are there any shims between the cooling head and the head button?  Does the head button push in and sit evenly? Is the cooling head definitely a Hyper as well as the crankcase?

25 minutes ago, locky said:

Screw the cooling head buttons loosely first then tighten one after the other going to opposite side. Are there any shims between the cooling head and the head button?  Does the head button push in and sit evenly? Is the cooling head definitely a Hyper as well as the crankcase?

The glow plug plate doesn’t fit right into the block.

The cooling head seems to be fine!

Thanks for all of your advice!!