• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Looking for a budget transmitters

Hi there everyone, I am very new to RC and I am just looking to get into some form of it. I have seen some diy rc planes, that looked really cool, but i wasnt sure if i should start off with cars to get to know it. I have a relatively basic understanding of electronics, but i do have a soldering iron so that helps. I have noticed that there are two different types of transmitters. The type with a wheel and a throttle, and a more "gamepad" type. I do have a 2.4ghz reciever and transmitter, but the transmitter is from an old drone and i cant seem to bind it with the receiver. So if anyone has some budget(around £50) transmitters that they know of that are good, if you could let me know that would be great 🙂

note: I have found a  flysky fs-i6x on ebay for around 50, but i have no idea if it is worth the price.

note 2: the drone transmitter i have is from the FX-7CI drone. I cant seem to find a "bind" button on it to connect it up to my receiver. (i also lost the bind key thing, but i heard by just connecting the two outer things on the bind channel with a jumper it would do the same job)

Edited by nitroncat

That drone transmitter is almost certainly proprietary and will only work with the drone it came with. 

The Flysky Fs-i6x (note the X) is probably the best budget transmitter available. It has enough channels and settings for 95% of uses. The X version has more channels (purely a software change) and is usually the same price. 

The next step up is a multi mode transmitter like a TX16. More expensive but considerably more capable. https://m.banggood.com/RadioMaster-TX16S-Mark-II-V4_0-Hall-Gimbal-4-IN-1-ELRS-Multi-protocol-Radio-Controller-Support-EdgeTX-or-OpenTX-Built-in-Dual-Speakers-Mode2-Radio-Transmitter-for-RC-Drone-p-1942825.html?rmmds=search&act_poa=POA9635998&cur_warehouse=CN

I've got an fs-i6x for my three planes and I'm very happy, receivers are cheap. The menu is easy to use and I've had no performance or signal issues. 

Edited by lorrylemming