• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Kyosho Javelin Re Re 2017

QRC

1 hour ago, turok007 said:

Hated the chain, but it does look very nice

I won’t be using chain with a brushless set up…👍

• Like 2

Just finished work, not back for week, so the build will start in earnest….😃…..better get a move on, a Top Force will be inbound very shortly…😎

• Like 1

The Javelin is part of Kyosho legendary series re release buggies from back in the day, it shares the same platform as the Turbo Optima.

The quality of these and presentation is second to none. But that said they are not cheap, but hey what is in this hobby is….😂

Just need to do a little research on the diff weight oil peeps have been using, the manual shows the use of grease, that’s not happening on my watch….😂

You say they're not cheap, no they're not, but what is in the RC world these days, at least something worth having? And, if you compare them to higher end 4x4 rere's from Mr.T then I'd say they were actually quite competitively priced for what you get, spec/quality wise.

Anyway, looking forward to seeing your progress on this one, been thinking of adding one to my OG/ReRe Kyosho collection, just can't decide between this and the standard ReRe Optima.

Diff oil choices have been made, 10k up front, 7k in the rear.

Trying to cover all options of use, it will

used on an outdoor astro track, indoor carpet and the garden grass track…..

Looks like once the diffs are in, there will be a lot to disassemble for removing and change the oil….