• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

what to buy?! something that wont break easily....

Dale_UK

Hey all!

Im totally new to RC Cars, and completely lost when looking at options. What I do know is:

• Electric
  • up to £200
  • Ready to go
  • Fast!
  • Something very capable of absorbing impact, I am not one to want to keep replacing parts, so the more indestructible the better
  • To be used in skate park and on the beach, so I guess something like a Buggy or Monster

I would totally appreciate your suggestions on what to buy!

Thank you!

Dale

This £200 will it need to include lipos and charger or just the rc  ?  If yes the your gonna be hard pushed to get something durable fast and electric for that budget. Secondhand will just be abused old dogs and new will be brittle old junk. Prices have gone crazy. 

Maybe something from China like a wltoys but not sure there be skatepark worthy 

• Like 1

my lads HPI Savage XS has been pretty bullet proof at the skate park, few bent pins, but no breakages being sent to the moon. That being said as said skate parks break cars, we have got lucky.
Also being said bulletproof doesn't mean its indestructible, every rc has its weak-points cheaper more so, no rc car is indestructible even ones with £1000's of upgrades break down.
But cheap means cheap to fix also (if its not written off after every run) so got to weight up the pros and cons.
If you expect to break it, you wont be left dissapointed... (expect it to break) 😉

• Haha 1

+1 on the corally offerings

My son and i both have the Triton and they are fairly solid he got the brushed version and i got the brushless (his is brushless now) both are lots fun